Have steroid pills made your dog pee?

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester keeps peeing on my floor :eek: Ever since he started on the medicine for his ear - which are steroids. I am thinking it's from this pill..has anyone ever experienced this??

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Not me, but it could also be his age. He's getting into the late teens where the hormones are taking over!!! That and the steriods combined maybe?

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Yes, yes, yes. Although not as bad for Linus, it's a very common side effect of steroids. Linus just got a steroid injection to help the inflammation in his ear. The vet warned us he would be drinking, and therefore peeing, a lot more - and so far that's been right on. Very normal, harmless - if not annoying - side effect. I guess it can also make them feel hungrier but so far it's impossible to tell with Linus - he's always hungry!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Yes, yes, yes. Although not as bad for Linus, it's a very common side effect of steroids. Linus just got a steroid injection to help the inflammation in his ear. The vet warned us he would be drinking, and therefore peeing, a lot more - and so far that's been right on. Very normal, harmless - if not annoying - side effect. I guess it can also make them feel hungrier but so far it's impossible to tell with Linus - he's always hungry!

I agree! YES YES YES. Not my bullies, but Sophie, my Malanois. It is like she is possessed! Her eyes get glossy and she will pee right in front of us. My vet said it is a side effect.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
YES, Vegas also had a nasty ear infection and was put on antibiotics and steroids when he was 11 months old, he is now 14 months old, he started peeing in the house (which he never did) I watched him one day walk across my dining room and the pee was just dripping out while he was walking to the door to be let out, but he peed at the door. I did not punish him because I knew he was sick. As soon as he finished his meds. he has never done this behavior again.
May302010Vegas007-3.jpg

sowdie

May 27, 2010
MA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Same here. Lola was on Prednizone. My vet apologized in advance.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I agree with the above!!! Maggie has had myositis of the jaw muscles for the past two years (same time every year) and had to be put on strong steroids for 6 months - gradually reducing the amount over the weeks. She got very food aggressive, drank a LOT, and peed even more - all side effects of steroids that we were warned about by the vet.

As October approaches we are starting to get anxious again to see if the myositis reappears and we are faced with having her on steroids for the rest of her life. She will only be 3 in December :eek:. Seems so young to have to spend the rest of your life on steroids! :blah:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.