Ingrown tail

Calky32

Dec 13, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Autzen
Just wondering if anyone on here has ever had a bully with an ingrown tail. Autzen's tail is and i have to usually clean it out everyday or every couple days otherwise it can get irritated under there. My vet said that if I'm ok with keeping it clean that it's ok but another option is to have it removed. I don't mind cleaning it out for him I just don't want it to be painful or bothersome to him. He doesn't seem to be overly bothered by it but I just wanted to get some opinions from anyone who may have experience with it. Thanks

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Our Lucy Lu had that, and as she got older it started growing inside and was bothering her so we had it removed. Our vet took the bone out but left the skin there so it still looks like she has a tail, but no longer bothers her.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks tail is very tight and she has some extra skin there too so, she tends to have some issues and our vet told us the same thing. Keep it clean and it can stay, but if she starts getting infections (she has her first one now, she is 6 yrs old) we will have to look at removal. When we were there last night - he was not concern as this infection is on the tail not under in the pocket. Be sure you are very diligent about the cleaning.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.