bulldogs and joint medicine

susanneroe

Nov 17, 2011
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Good morning.
My EB has Hip displasia and arthrosis. He could not realy walk after we adopted him.
I started to give him Devil's crawl and 100% greenlipp-mussel-extract.
Unbelievable...
after 4 Weeks he could walk with no problems.
greenlipp-mussel is a absolutly natural product what you can feet your dog constadly.
since we just moved over here to the us , I need to find a place where to buy theese products here in the usa. if i cant find the quality here, i dont care. i will order like before in germany.
if here is someone who can help me where to buy the greenlipp mussel, please contact me.
thank you so much

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I also give Mocha Glycoflex III that the vet prescribed Her because she limped about 7 months ago. I order it on Amazon.com because its cheaper there. But I will get some Salmon oil for Her also. Thank you for the advice!!:)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Good morning.
My EB has Hip displasia and arthrosis. He could not realy walk after we adopted him.
I started to give him Devil's crawl and 100% greenlipp-mussel-extract.
Unbelievable...
after 4 Weeks he could walk with no problems.
greenlipp-mussel is a absolutly natural product what you can feet your dog constadly.
since we just moved over here to the us , I need to find a place where to buy theese products here in the usa. if i cant find the quality here, i dont care. i will order like before in germany.
if here is someone who can help me where to buy the greenlipp mussel, please contact me.
thank you so much

I have never heard of this. Have you googled to see where it may be carried if anywhere? Online is the best way for me to buy most everything. lol

susanneroe

Nov 17, 2011
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
I have never heard of this. Have you googled to see where it may be carried if anywhere? Online is the best way for me to buy most everything. lol

You can get it from germany, thats where i am from. but i did not find the pure greenlp mussel. but they send it from germany to me. lucky me, beeing still in contact with the rescue team i worked with.
the powder is very good. my jonatan could not even walk and after a view weeks he had no problems nomor. greenlipp mussel powder does not heal him, but it helps with his problem, beeing without pain

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
You can get it from germany, thats where i am from. but i did not find the pure greenlp mussel. but they send it from germany to me. lucky me, beeing still in contact with the rescue team i worked with.
the powder is very good. my jonatan could not even walk and after a view weeks he had no problems nomor. greenlipp mussel powder does not heal him, but it helps with his problem, beeing without pain

will have to look into it, sounds wonderful. You would think somebody closer would sell it tho. :(

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
i want to share my story so others may benefit from it. Sarah has been on joint meds for some time now because of her torn acl that was left. she has always walked with us some before and even played with a ball sometimes. well about 3 months or maybe less ago i started giving her salmon oil. she started doing even better it seemed. im like ok great but its kinda expensive for the both. i thought well i will try to not give her the joint meds and see if she does well just on salmon oil. well she seemed ok and such but she got to where she did not want to walk with us or play anymore. i thought it was just because it was summer and hot but no still even with the cool she does not want to. i had begun to think maybe ok when they get older thats it there done. well recently she has jumped off the bed like twice in 2 months before i could go in and get her. the first time it was like 3 weeks n several aspirin later she got better. this last time 3 weeks and some aspirin and she did not seem like she was getting better. i got to thinking. hm she has jumped off the bed a few times before and never had a problem. so 3 days ago i put sarah back on her cosequin ds joint meds and today she is walking with me and the boys. no limp in front leg and she is outside walking. i cannot believe it. so for anyone who has a bully limping and does not get better or just has an older dog who doesnt seem active. i highly recommend trying joint meds and salmon oil. it has done wonders for my sara.

@cowsmom Are you still using the Cosequin DS together with the salmon oil?? Bella has been diagnosed with luxating patellas so I need to get her on something that will help that. The vet just said put her on glucosamine and that was all ... but I want to give her the best chance I can.

Last edited:
OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Yes Sarah is still on joint,meds n salmon oil. I had to change the cosequin due to it being made of pork but otherwise I would probably still be using it. She is on a natural joint med made out of chicken I get from petco. I use salmon oil still but am experamenting with flaxseed oil also. There is one with green lipped muscle that I believe is sold by foster n smith but have never tried it. With ms allergy I try to keep it simple. [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]

May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
We use Glucosamine with Chondroitin. Our first bulldog, Winnie, had hip dysplasia and our vet started her on it at age 2. You would have never known she had hip problems. She ran, jumped, walked and lived a very full Life right up until she was 12 1/2. We started Oliver on it at 6 months old and he will probably be on it his entire Life, as the benefits are just tremendous. I also believe the Glucosamine with Chondroitin was helpful during his recovery from TTA surgery. :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We use Glucosamine with Chondroitin. Our first bulldog, Winnie, had hip dysplasia and our vet started her on it at age 2. You would have never known she had hip problems. She ran, jumped, walked and lived a very full Life right up until she was 12 1/2. We started Oliver on it at 6 months old and he will probably be on it his entire Life, as the benefits are just tremendous. I also believe the Glucosamine with Chondroitin was helpful during his recovery from TTA surgery. :)

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2415]AdventuresWithOliver[/MENTION] Am I correct in thinking that Glucosamine with Chondroitin would be the Cosequin DS that you used to get cowsmom????

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Yes it has both in it. Glucosamine and chondroitin

May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
@cowsmom and @AdventuresWithOliver Am I correct in thinking that Glucosamine with Chondroitin would be the Cosequin DS that you used to get cowsmom????
Hmmm... I'm not sure if it's the same. We buy the Costco brand - it's not as expensive as some other brands. Oliver weighs 59 pounds and gets 1/2 of one per day.
gluc.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.