what do i do looks like cherry eye

nybadboy11

Aug 10, 2011
My pup sammy choked on a chewy now his eye is puffy and looks like hes got cherry eye and my vet said they cant see him till wed what do i do any suggestions?:nope: THANKS EVERYONE IM ALL SET

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Can you take a pic to post? IF you do a search on YouTube you will find videos oh how to put it back in place.
What kind of chew did you give him that would make him choke? Not a rawhide I hope.

OP
nybadboy11

nybadboy11

Aug 10, 2011
Thanks a bunch someone sent me a video about how to fix it and it worked!!!!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
it was like a twisted raw hide why is that bad?

Rawhide for a bully is a very big :nono: -- it splinters and gets stuck in there throat and if it makes it to the belly - it can cut the intestine.

L

Lucy-licious

Great news...you may find it will happen again. Lucy's popped a few times when she was little but not since.
Rawhide toys are not a great idea because of choking hazard better choices are nylabones and deer antlers :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
it was like a twisted raw hide why is that bad?

Bullie's throats are rather restricted by their short thick necks and choking is always a concern. Any Chews/rawhides can get stuck. Best to stick to antlers or nylabones.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Glad you were able to fix it. I think strain can cause them to pop out and not necessarily mean they will stay out. After having her 1 eye surgery done, miilas other eye looked like it was starting. Talk about frustrating. BUT it went away that night and never came back so I think it was too much craziness going on and maybe also swelling from the other eyes surgery. I hope! haha

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad the video helped and definately get a nylabone or antler for you baby. No rawhides, bully stick, bully chews, pigs ears, or greenies.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Glad the video helped and definately get a nylabone or antler for you baby. No rawhides, bully stick, bully chews, pigs ears, or greenies.

Could not agree more...

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Yes, please stay away from all those raw hide treats, twisted and in every shape possible, and pig ears. I know you see dozens of them in the market and entire aisles of them at the pet stores...and it may lead you to believe they are ok. Even your pets will look like they are the yummiest thing in the world and be oh sooo happy!. BUT, NO, NO, NO, NO!!! Don't give in to it. They can be very dangerous. I don't know how many times I saw my own dogs choke on them before and I was always there to pull them out. It wasn't until I came to EBN Forums that I realized this is not a normal thing to accept. EBN members turned me onto those deer antlers. My dogs love those and I don't have to worry about choking. Once they get too small (which can take months) I chuck them and get new ones. They are a little pricey but oh so worth it! Please don't take chances with your priceless fur babies!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
A HUGE no to Rawhides .......... but it's not just bullies. PLEASE no rawhides for any kind of dog... they can splinter and stick in a dogs throat so that they choke to death. Rawhides are a big NO !!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.