Update on Rockys Bumps

Jpastrocky79

Sep 4, 2011
nj
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
well the medicated wash and antibiotics are doing the trick. all the bumps are almost all gone but im not sure if the antibiotics are causing the diahrea or the new pet food. We have him on natures valley(turkey) food. im gonna change it again but im gonna stick with a meat and not a bird. if anyone has any suggestions please help.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=3166]Jpastrocky79[/MENTION] I would not change the food till you are done the antibiotic-- that would tell you which is causing the diarrhea.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Great advice from a couple of gals who KNOW! :yes:

Mine are on duck/potato now.... a bird but a much different bird than the chicken that was causing their bumps and scratching. Keep an open mind. Meat could be the problem. You'll find out in time.

Keep us posted. I'm learning something new everyday in here.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
a lot of times the antibiotics will cause diarrhea, so I would wait on the food change until the medication is done.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I agree don't change food till anti biotics are done as they are known to cause diarrhea. May take a few days after they are done even. Keep us posted.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
If I say anything it is only to repeat what has already been said ... the antibiotics will often cause diarrhea, and if you change the food now you will never really know for sure and/or could make it even worse!!

OP
Jpastrocky79

Jpastrocky79

Sep 4, 2011
nj
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
thanks all. i didnt have him try to much of the natures valley he is still on the science diet. but since he is on the antibiotics he hasnt had diarrhea with the antis or the science diet. im just gonna wait until he is done before i try and more smaple foods. thank.

OP
Jpastrocky79

Jpastrocky79

Sep 4, 2011
nj
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Vet says Rocky has manage. So now he has to be dipped for the next 3 visits. He will have to saty there all day. :awwwwman::awwwwman: I'm gonna miss the big guy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Vet says Rocky has manage. So now he has to be dipped for the next 3 visits. He will have to saty there all day. :awwwwman::awwwwman: I'm gonna miss the big guy

Poor baby.... keep us posted on his progress and good luck with everything.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.