My Bulldog is in pain.

KristinMarie

Jul 30, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I'm just reading your thread now - and am so glad to hear a happy uneventful ending! Sounds like whatever was bothering her is resolved. Thank goodness! I've had a few torn ligaments - and had to limit activity for up to 6 weeks. I also live in a townhouse with lots of stairs - which meant my Rocco got carried around. Ouch on my back!!!

Keep us posted - and have a great night with your baby, and happy holidays!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I was thinking...what if she ate something odd and it was passing thru the gut? Couldn't that also do this? Glad she's better @bippy21. I'd have also been worried.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yeah good news, so glad she is back to her old self. :D

OP
bippy21

bippy21

Dec 10, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
LuLu
Thanks everyone I am too!
Thank you for all of the advice, y'all were all very helpful:)
Happy Holidays

OP
bippy21

bippy21

Dec 10, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
LuLu
i have pics of her on my profile

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=3879]bippy21[/MENTION] happy to hear your girl is doing better and back to normal. How old is Loulou?

My girl Banks was like this at around 1 1/2 - 2 years old at which time our vet determined she had fused discs in her spine. The right meds will help with the pain -- muscle relaxants and Tramadol are always in our medicine cabinet for her and when we see her back is bothering her we know what to give her. It can not be cured or corrected just knowing how to maintain her pain. It may be a good idea to have her back looked at / x-ray to see and be sure there is nothing like this happening. You can't prevent it, but you will know how to address.

Good luck and keep us posted on your sweet little girl.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I came on this post late [MENTION=3879]bippy21[/MENTION] What you described is exactly what happened to one of our miniature schnauzers. She was cuddling one moment and then she was just moving around and give out a yip and did exactly what you described. Within 24-36 hours she was fine, and the way we see it is that she turned "funny" and somehow twisted or strained a muscle in her back. She was walking exactly the way you described ...tucking her tail under. She was always worst when she had sat or lay down for a while,because obviously all those muscles had cooled and stiffened up.

OP
bippy21

bippy21

Dec 10, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
LuLu
Hello everyone! sorry it's taking me so long to reply back. I have been extremely busy.!

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] she just turned two on september 10th. She hasn't done it since then, but i have noticed some mornings she wakes up and she will limp for like a day or two, sometimes it's her left leg and sometimes it's her right. All dempending. Thank you for the advice.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hello everyone! sorry it's taking me so long to reply back. I have been extremely busy.!

@2BullyMama she just turned two on september 10th. She hasn't done it since then, but i have noticed some mornings she wakes up and she will limp for like a day or two, sometimes it's her left leg and sometimes it's her right. All dempending. Thank you for the advice.

Nice to hear from you! Yes..we had a Rottie with back problems..sounds like she might have sumpin going on! Just remember..like [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] said..the right meds work miracles! Hope she stays healthy!

OP
bippy21

bippy21

Dec 10, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
LuLu
thank you(:
i know its not medicine but, i do try to massage her back hips and legs daily.
a couple times per day actually

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.