HELPPPPP!!Bleeding cherry eye!!

BuddyBoy11

Dec 8, 2011
Las Vegas NV
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
:nope::nope::nope::pray: My little bully has cherry eye and we have an apt in california for the surgury but its not till first thing monday morning! i dont know what to do its pussing a little bit but it is also bleeding a little bit he is my first bully and i have done alot reading on them but i cant find anything about this! im taking him in tomorow to the vet to see what i can do untill monday but untill tomorow i feel sooooo bad for him! it is bugging him for sure he keeps messing with it and i dont have a cone the stores are closed., but i also want to know if the dr will still do the surgury with it like this? it is a long drive down there and im not going anywhere else but they wont answer me when i call they just say i have to come in!!!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhh..I'm so sorry! I have zero knowledge with this. Hang on..I'm sure someone will give you some info. Is it Dr Butchko you are headed to? [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hmmmm, what can you use as a cone option? We obviously don't want it to get irritated further.... Can you try to make something out of cardboard and duct tape as a temporary cone? Just thinking out loud.... never heard of one bleeding or pussing before. So sorry you are going through this!!! :(

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Dr Butchko is a great Bully Vet. Maybe you can stop him from irritating it further with some kind of protection..like desert sky suggested. If you have a petsmart near you..they do sell sofe cones..maybe tomorrow. Once my vet made a cone out of an Xray for our rabbit..so think outside the box and see what you might have to use temporarily. Don't panic...its kind of late now to get more people that have had this issue. I have read that Cherry eye looks much worse than it actually is. He might have scratched it and thats what is red and full of puss. Try and protect it and just plan on getting it fixed. You will need a cone anyway after surgery..take the one with you that you buy tomorrow. i am going to tag someone for tomorrow. @Davidh Good Luck..take a deep breath..he will be fine

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh no. I am not much help here really cuz I havent heard of this either. I agree he must have scratched it or infected it somehow. Usually cherry eye just sits there looking sad. Butchko is a good vet but I am sure there are good vets near you also, no? I am all for doing anything it takes to fix our babies but you should have a vet near you that you would trust for what ifs also. Doesnt help today so I am sorry. You really could make a cone out of anything. I just had Miilas eye done a few weeks ago and I have to say the reg cones and store bought cones dont hold up well anyhow. I have to use duct tape to keep mine on her so using it to make something for now shouldnt be too hard. I also have a soft cone which is made of like a soft cooler material. I wonder if you happen to have one if you could cut it open so it lays flat kinda and then make it from that? At least would give a barrier sort of.

I just looked at our homepage where there is a list of recommended vets and this one is in Las Vegas. Might wanna make a note of it and give them a try if you need a good local vet.
Desert Inn Animal Hospital
Dr. Arn
Las Vegas, NV
702-732-2210

I wish I could help more. Please let us know what they say!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
BuddyBoy1, :welcome: to EBN.... sorry you are here under stressful circumstances but welcome none the less. Please keep us posted on his progress as that is how we all learn, by sharing info and experiences. When things settle down we'd all love to see pix of your baby and hear more about he and his family.

L

Lucy-licious

oh my! I hope you have managed to calm down some :hug: Therre is nothing worse than not knowing what to do. It soinds like he has caught it and thats why its irritating him so much. keep it clean using cooled boiled water and cotton wool and han in there until you get to the vets. did you manage to make a cone? anything will do that'll stop him reaching his eye.
hope all goes well at the vets, and :welcome: to EBN

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
OK. I'm a little late to the post, I'm sure you are heading to the vets by now. He must have scratched it on something and that's why it's bleeding. Hopefully you came up with something to make a cone out of by now. Please keep us posted on the vet visit and how he's doing. Plus welcome to the site also. My male bully's name is Buddy Boy also.

OP
BuddyBoy11

BuddyBoy11

Dec 8, 2011
Las Vegas NV
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thank you guys SOOOOO much for all the support!!! And THANK YOU ALL for making me feel so welcome! I did go out and get a cone ( HE HATES IT LOL!!!!) It is still bothering him but cant wait untill monday the vet here was NO help! he loved all the "round about answers" But i took all your advice and it really has helped. :yes: do you think it would be ok to give him a bath? he REALLY stinks!!!! lol :barf: im not sure what he played in or if i want to know hahahaha . i know if i do to be careful and not to wash his head but he tryes to eat the bubbles lol . Well ill keep you all updated! thank you again i feel much better than i did, and so does Buddy :)

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
you can give him a bath but would stay away from his face for now.. so glad you found us.. this site is amazing and such a great support system..especially when things go wrong! please update us on Monday! Take care :luv:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I have no experience with cherry eye either but it looks like you got some great advice above. I know my old non bully dog has a growth on his eyelid and occasionally he scratches it and it bleeds and it then gets crusty. Please keep us updated on Buddy's progress. My best to you and Buddy (that's my Mom's dig name too). Oh yeah :welcome: to EBN!!!

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
So glad everything is good... I was only able to find the softcone at petco here.

I :heart: Dr Butchko its. Been yrs since we've been there but he is amazing.... And worth the drive ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am so glad he is doing better!!!!! Nothing worse than when something is wrong and we dont know how to fix them. Good luck on monday, he will be in good hands anyhow that much we all know. Please keep us updated after the surgery.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.