Thread: Stains in eye folds

Unhappy Stains in eye folds

Can anyone give me any ideas whats good for stained eyes? My sammy has a white face and the stains get bad sometimes and I am using 21st Century tear stain remover but it seems as it does more damage than help any ideas please?

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Stains in eye folds

I havent heard of that one honestly. I know there is angel eyes (never tried it myself). What food do you feed? Is it just pink or is it rust in color? If it is rusty then it could be yeast which could be caused by allergies as well. These pups are so sensitive to everything around them everything is a challenge. lol

he eats taste of the wild seirra mountain

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Hmm... If it were me I would still switch from lamb. Once the stain is there you have to kinda scrub it away once the cause has left. Or at least I have found this with Cutty. carlinapetpantry.com sells a scrub for bulldogs which helps but if you dont figure out the cause it will be a never ending battle. Also treats can cause this as well, even if they only get 1 here and there. Something else to consider. Others have sworn by filtered water. There is no absolute answer as always with these pups. And what works for 1 doesnt work for another. As for the food switch, it would take some time to actually see results also. Sorry I cant be of more help to you. By the way we love pics here, hint hint.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I use, as do many others, Witch Hazel on a make-up pad.... wipe sideways not up/down to avoid irritaing it more than it already is. Also, depending on where you live -- it could be some type of seasonal allergy -- benedryl is OK to give 1mg per pound (i.e 25 pound dog = 25mg 2x a day)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Thanks i cant figure out how to change my avatar pic but i will try ...I posted some pics yesterday!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

@nybadboy11 - here's what you do:
    Do a search on here for "tear stains", get a pad of paper and start writing the suggestions down, then try them, one by one. Eventually, you'll find the very combination that will keep your baby's face snowy white. It is, in all likelihood, a combination of diet and keeping that little face clean that may get you there.
    Let us know what works for you so we can all benefit! I'm doing battle with this foe myself......

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I have found with Samson that its all about getting him on the right food. When he was on the NVI Turkey and Duck his eyes were running like crazy which gave him some nasty stains real quick. He was obviously having an issue with something in that food (my guess is the turkey). Once I got him back on the salmon his eyes stopped watering and the stains cleared up

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TessaAndSamson View Post
    I have found with Samson that its all about getting him on the right food. When he was on the NVI Turkey and Duck his eyes were running like crazy which gave him some nasty stains real quick. He was obviously having an issue with something in that food (my guess is the turkey). Once I got him back on the salmon his eyes stopped watering and the stains cleared up
    I tried that very thing - NVI Salmon - hoping for results like you got. Not to be. The salmon didn't agree with them. *sad face*

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    I tried that very thing - NVI Salmon - hoping for results like you got. Not to be. The salmon didn't agree with them. *sad face*
    It's definitely true to say that what works for one bully may not for another. Like I know alot of people here LOVE Fromm, I tried both grain free formulas with Samson and he didn't do well on either. Just like with the NVI Turkey & Duck, his eyes watered like crazy and it gave him tear stains. It's such long road finding the right food, it can be very frustrating!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Remove Ads