Anti-bacterial Soap

FatBulldogz

Dec 4, 2011
Richmond, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
UGA and Bella
We live in a multiple dog household and they are all bulldogs so occasionally scuffles happen. I was talking with my vet and he informed me that any skin abrasion or minor cuts can be wash/scrubbed with anti-bacterial soap (Dial, etc) for a couple days to help prevent infection. This might be common knowledge but I was shocked to find out that the solution was in our house all along. We always used Hydrogen Peroxide and if it looked bad off to the doctor with them.

Now any scape, cut, or booboo on their paw gets washed with good ole' soap & water. Just figured I would pass this along, especially for parents of a couple of male bulldogs.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great info.....

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My two male dogs have been fighting lately so I know about scuffles. Just when I think I've broken it up in time, a few minutes later I see minor cuts start to bleed. I usually just use a drop of baby shampoo and warm water to wash the ouchies and then just put a thin layer of Neosporin. I'm surprised how quickly my dogs skin can heal.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thanx for the info. I think we run off to the vet way more often than necessary sometimes.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good info, sometimes we forget about the basics. Thanks

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
Great to know! Thanks!
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] We call our vet "the pediatrician." But we've only made 2 calls on the answering service so far, so I guess that's not too bad....

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Great to know! Thanks!
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] We call our vet "the pediatrician." But we've only made 2 calls on the answering service so far, so I guess that's not too bad....

Hee hee! :lmao: I love it.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online