Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I avoid muzzling my bully?

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How do I avoid muzzling my bully?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesteelapd View Post
    awe, I'm so sorry I can't help with any advise (i had to look up with a tail pocket is, as I've never heard of it) and hope everything works out! Good Luck
    Now that you know where Mona's is (if she has one - Bo doesn't but Bea does), start getting her used to having it cleaned now rather than later. It will save you this trouble later!

@dozersmama - Poor Tyson! He's sure had more than his share of troubles, hasn't he? Maybe you can introduce the muzzle so it's not a negative? I don't believe for a minute that Tyson wants to bite you - and maybe having the muzzle on during these maintenance duties will take that pressure off of him to try to "defend himself"? What can you do - that he loves - while the muzzle is on/near him? Do that first - then do maintenance - and then finish on a positive note with the same fun thing that he likes?

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

OK so I called the vet about panalog. She said that the meds I have are for infection and to try those first. Well actually she said bring him in and they would do it , but I am aware that would require either sedation or more stress and manhandling than I want him put through so I said no thank you. I decided just to get my boyfriend to hold him while I did it. We wrapped a blanket around his shoulders /neck area in kind of a roll to make it harder for him to turn his head and the bf held him while I cleaned/medicated it. He wasn't happy and he did snap a bit and cry but it's done and no one is worse for the wear. He got string cheese during and after and this seemed to help. Now we just repeat this several time and he should be ok ? Fingers crossed.
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

String cheese cures a lot of evils in the EB world, I think. heeeeeee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads