cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I just wanted to say Hi and welcome to EBN! Tater Tot is gorgeous! I have a Tate...he's also white. Your baby's a sweetheart :heart:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Tater is ADORABULL! (and that big mastiff is darned handsome also btw)
That puppy fence has to be the most elaborate ever devised too. Wow!

There must be volumes written - or YouTubed? - on training deaf dogs?

Good luck. I think it sounds like the most fun ever!

L

Lucy-licious

OMG She is absolutely adorable..I am in love again :)

@dozersmamma that is a marvelous piece of advise well put "remember she doesn't know she's deaf, its you that needs training" :love:

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Love it [MENTION=753]dozersmom[/MENTION]! Well said.

Tater is just precious.

I don't have much to add except when I took Lucy to basic obedience training when she was a pup the trainer encouraged us to use hand signals and commands. She also encouraged us to keep up with the hand signals as Lucy ages--just in case she would ever lose her hearing. Lucy knows a few commands that I signal and I would like to add a few more. She can spot the "are you hungry" hand signal from across the room!

I would reach out to a few trainers and ask them if they have experience with hearing impaired dogs--possibly they can direct you to someone who can help.

Welcome to EBN. You'll love it here.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I have no advice but I did want to chime in and welcome you. She is so beautiful, just love her little squishy face.

OP
T

tatersmiles

Oct 29, 2011
DozerandTinkerpuppy.jpg112011153612.jpgDozer.jpgFirst pic is of our "Dozer" and our English Mastiff, "Tinker"......As you can see in the second pic, "Tinker" has really grown.."Tater" looks so small next to him...We lost our "Dozer" this past June. Rest in peace Dozie Dog..smooches and hugs.

Thanks for all the comments. I appreciate the advice given so far :)

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
View attachment 14465View attachment 14466View attachment 14467First pic is of our "Dozer" and our English Mastiff, "Tinker"......As you can see in the second pic, "Tinker" has really grown.."Tater" looks so small next to him...We lost our "Dozer" this past June. Rest in peace Dozie Dog..smooches and hugs.

Thanks for all the comments. I appreciate the advice given so far :)

My bf and I have wanted to get an english mastiff but wanted to do more research. Are they good dogs? I know yours is still a pup but how do you like having one so far? And so sorry to hear about Dozer :*( RIP! He was a beautiful bully!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
She is just precious!!!!!!!! :luv:
What a great use of the Empire Fence. Our whole yard is fenced with that exact fencing... well done! ;)

Members online

No members online now.