Limping Puppy

FatBulldogz

Dec 4, 2011
Richmond, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
UGA and Bella
This issue brought me to the forum

Saturday morning one of our puppies was favoring his rear right leg, he would not put any weight on it all weekend. We went to the vet this morning for an exam & xrays and upon fearing the worst I got the best news possible. The vet says it is a soft tissue sprain or strain and he should be better in a few days to a week and gave him an anti-inflammatory to help.

The xrays showed NO signs of dysplasia! His right hip, the one he was favoring, was perfect and his left hip looks iffy for any other breed but ok for a bulldog. So wish us a full recovery.

If anyone needs a vet in Central Virginia please let me know because ours has been great for us!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What great news.... alwasy like a happy vet visit!

[MENTION=3834]FatBulldogz[/MENTION] send your vet recommendation to the site --- go to the health thread and post it there.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's great news, so glad it's just a soft tissue injury. That's the kind of news you like to hear.

OP
FatBulldogz

FatBulldogz

Dec 4, 2011
Richmond, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
UGA and Bella
Office Visit Fee = Peace of mind!

Our little boy is scampering across the floor already.

DSC_3856.jpg
Taking a break from hobbling around

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Office Visit Fee = Peace of mind! Our little boy is scampering across the floor already. Taking a break from hobbling around

OH My goodness he is sooooo cute

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
That is great news. He's adorabull. :yes:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Happy to hear the good news...wishing a speedy recovery to that cutie!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh that is good news. and i want to say welcome neighbor you are a hop skip and a jump away from me here in roanoke. its nice to have another virginian here on the forum.:welcome:

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
yes agree good news.. what kind of anti inflammatory did you give? I am asking because duke did the same thing last week. I called the vet he said to watch for 48 hours and we did and he seems fine now but would have liked to give him something for pain if possible .. just curious

and my God how CUTE!!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION] i give sarah a baby aspirin when she is in pain. she hurt her leg also and it seems to be helping her. i know that no tylenol is the rule but not sure about advil or such. would be interested in the answer to.

OP
FatBulldogz

FatBulldogz

Dec 4, 2011
Richmond, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
UGA and Bella
@BabyDuke He is on Novox which is a NSAID and generic for Rimadyl and a little stronger than aspirin. I dont know if it was the meds that helped or time but either way we are happy here. Thanks for all the warm wishes!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online