Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Cherry Eye...I think

Default Re: Help with Cherry Eye...I think

Hello eveyone...Thanks for the responses. After visiting with the vet who gave us ointment for his eye twice daily on last Tuesday...On Thurs we noticed the cherry eye decreased significantly and was able to massage it back in. We are continuing on the ointment however he looks amazing. It hasn't popped back out and so far so good. Lets hope for the good to continue

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh thats such wonderful news. ive heard some go back in and some dont and require surgery. im so glad things are looking good now. oh and welcome to the forum

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

annie had 1 eye done by the vet but the other 1 we massaged back and it didnt return that was over a year ago so up to now its worked,youtube how to do it its easy lol,karen

Bulldog(s) Names
    Penelope Lue (Penny)
    Likes (Received)

I hope you don't have any other problems with it! Penny had one at about 12 weeks. We elected to have it fixed within a couple of days because it was getting larger, oozy, & generally infected looking even with antibiotic ointment twice per day. Her other one popped in Sept, but we were able to massage it back in and it has stayed -- she was very enthusiastically playing tug of war when the second one happened.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson "Sammy"
    Likes (Received)

Samson has cherry eye and has since he was about 12 weeks old - it came and went at first on it's own, and then it would come and only go when we massaged it back into place and now it's just there all of the time and cannot be massaged into place. We're not fixing it until he's neutered in 6 months. He's at the vet quite often and after all of these months it's still just a cosmetic issue and isn't causing any other problems. By the way Samson is 9 months old, so he's (I've) been dealing with it for awhile! Best of luck, I'm sure you'll be able to wait until he's neutered to get it fixed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads