HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
What is normal for a bullie?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
They said when she puked it was like a whole meal. . Like it was dough or something... That wohld so explain why some days shes not hungry... But i was reading the raw post and it said frothy vomit is bile so her tummy is still all messed up even after 6 months of good food on a regular time.

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well my signal is bad at home so I may not be on as much to night....

What could cause overactibe bile and not digesting food be caused by?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
To answer your original question: What is normal is that a dog chews and swallows food and poops up to 3 times a day with stools that are not too soft and not too hard. The dog should have a healthy weight, bright eyes, shiny coat, with natural bully disposition.

Well my signal is bad at home so I may not be on as much to night....

What could cause overactibe bile and not digesting food be caused by?

This can be caused by a lot of things. Also, it depends on whether it is a regurgitation or a vomiting. If it is vomiting, one cause is a food allergy. Just because he is eating good food doesn't mean he is not allergic to it. Another cause is gastric obstruction which could be a foreign matter or bezoars or tumors on his stomach or intestinal walls. Another cause are ulcers or stomach scarring. An then it could be a symptom of kidney failure. I'm sure there are other reasons I haven't mentioned...

If it is a regurge, then it is more than likely something stuck to his esophagus (foreign matter, bezoar, or tumor) which causes either a total or partial obstruction.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
sometimes dogs puke through hunger,bulldogs are just dogs ,yes they have some different needs but they digest food like any other breed,karen

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
very early here and missed a post!!!dah lol,if puking up a whole meal then feed little and often perhaps 3 or 4 times daily untill transitioned fully ,bit of a pain i know but its all about getting the dog used to raw to begin with,thats why many feed just chicken backs for a while ,karen

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good food for thought.

Im gonna lean on it not being an allergy only because there are no other issues that I can see... But like I said im not sure about potatoes...
She chews her feet sometimes...

There are days she wants nothing to do with food then there are days she has a frothy regurg...

First things first im gonna split her meals to 3xs a day if not 4 and see if that helps...

Oh and make notes so when.we go to the new vet I dont forget anything....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.