Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]

and by "Really Bad" ...what symptoms does he have.?
I just want to compare Vegas with Jack.

Both of Jack's eyes are watery, one more than the other.
His wrinkles down he cheeks are contantly wet. He tears up even more when he plays ...
Surprisingly, his nose rope is always dry.....

Thanks

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=3139]Jack Daniels[/MENTION]
Really bad to me is...

Bad, just watery eyes from his allergies, no swelling.

Really bad, eyes running and red and swollen. Today is a 2 benedryl day for Vegas, his left eye is puffy and red around the watery eye.

Look at the post Just Noses that BruceP started today, I just took that picture an hour ago, you can see his eye is really wet and puffy that to me is a 2 benedryl day.

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
@KMARINO Thanks !

I saw your Pix of Vegas... Its pretty much what my Jack is going thru right now...
I guess Jack will need to go on a 2-a-day rescue plan.! :rofl:

KristinMarie

Jul 30, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I could be wrong so correct me if I am but I believe the dosage is 1 benedryl (or generic) for each 25 pounds of dog given twice a day. So if you have a 50+ pound dog you would give 2pills, twice a day.

Also, giving benedryl or any other antihistamine is for temporary relief. You should make an attempt to find out what is causing the problem and try to correct it. I have been told that too much antihistamine for too long may cause your dog to get dry eye which is another bag of worms altogether. We give HRH AND me generic benedryl when allergies warrant it.

YES - I agree with BruceP - Dont' treat benadryl chronically without your vets approval. Also - Too many Benadryl can be toxic to your dog and cause many issues including death. So go find those other 74 pills right away! If you suspect your bully ate them - you might need to get his stomach pumped!

As far as overly watery eyes - try to find to root cause. I found out my bully has an internal eye lash that is causing tearing on one side. The vet looked inside the rim of his eye lid for these (common for our breed) and found 1 small tiny eyelash in there. The eyelash is very tiny, but quite irritating (think how thick their coat is - and that is how thick this eye lash is). The vet let me see this with his special eye gear and I could see it. It could be serious to the eye and cause injury (scratched cornea) if not removed. They are waiting until he is 2 years old - to make sure not other ones appear - before we schedule surgery to have it taken out. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem with their bullies.Maybe I will post a new thread about internal eye lashes to see what response we get.

Good luck!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I worry about the effectiveness (is that a word?) of something as magical as Benedryl if it's been given every day. Wouldn't the stuff kinda "wear off" over time?

@KMARINO - I knew he was goofing around too. :tease: <==== You can always count @Jack Daniels for some of that Tom Foolery.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.