Do they make Puppy Proactiv?

Vermont Millie

May 19, 2011
Southern, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mildred (Millie, mildew, mil- a- stroni)
Hey everyone!

My 10 month old EB - Mildred- has some acne on her chin. I feel like she is a typical tween. I searched the forum and see that everyone suggests wiping the chin to keep it clean (I forget the name of the wipes), stainless steel bowls, and just keeping the chin clean in general... But I wanted to know if this is something that will gradually go away as I clean it or does the Vet typically prescribe antibiotics to clear it up? I don't have a camera otherwise I'd post a photo... but its just on her chin probably an inch wide raised area, pretty inflamed looking, and it gets "oozy" :barf: at times. It doesn't seem to bother her but its been there for about a week. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy for saying we have to bring her to the vet for her acne so I just wanted to double check with you guys.

thanks!
Katie
Photo on 2011-11-17 at 15.40 #3.jpg here's a pre-acne hello kitty shot .What a princess! :ROFL:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake got a bit of that..not the "oozy" part tho! I used Maloket wipes..really learns up his kin problems. I do think if they get to a certain point..you might need antibiotics. And by the way..we would NEVER think your crazy!! :nonono: your boyfriend...:hmm: :yes:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Millie is darling!!!!!!!!!

Many things could cause that. Just out of curiosity, what food is she on?

OP
Vermont Millie

Vermont Millie

May 19, 2011
Southern, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mildred (Millie, mildew, mil- a- stroni)
She eats Merrick Before Grain Buffalo. She has always eaten Merrick dry food and I've never seen a problem. Last weekend we spent time in VERY rural vermont and she did a lot of "grazing" (sniffing everything imaginable). She came back inside and I immediately noticed her chin was all red. I figure it was an allergic reaction to a plant or something but I saw no change after giving her Benadyrl a few hours later. Since its last so long now I figured it was caused by bacteria.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I would wash and dry it thoroughly and put a thin layer of Neosporin on it if it were mild but if it has gotten to an infected stage you may need those antibiotics. I have to wash Wilsons chin everyday and then I put a little Vaseline to protect it from the environment (dirt and his own slobber mostly). :laugh:

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
i use clearasil on jameson. titan doesn't seem to have a chin achne problem which is surprising since he sucks on his bear all day long

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would wash and dry it thoroughly and put a thin layer of Neosporin on it if it were mild but if it has gotten to an infected stage you may need those antibiotics. I have to wash Wilsons chin everyday and then I put a little Vaseline to protect it from the environment (dirt and his own slobber mostly). :laugh:

ditto

Most Reactions