1st post. General Question?

JRuhland21

Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Swayze
Hi All! My name is James and I have a 7 month, Pure Breed English Bulldog named Swayze. My question is the skin on bottom of his eyes seem to droop some; and I am worried that over time it will countinue to get lower. This also seems to make his eyes really dry and red. Is this something that could be fixed or should be fixed? If so would it be relatively inexpensive?

Thanks IMG_1437.jpg

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
No help on this aside to say that Cuttys droop some and also Miila so thinking it is just part of the bully make up. I never thought much of it and I would think as they get older it would get more dramatic. My pups eyes arent dry or sore at all tho. Is this something that recently started up or has it been this way from the start? Did a vet notice this?

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
are they just droopy or do the bottom lids roll in? if they roll in then a vet should check for entropian. all our boys have "droopy" eyes...but we had one the rolled in...we had both his eyes done...entropian surgery. but i wouldn't do it unless a vet tell you it's damaging his eyes. ours cost about 200 an eye. it's like an eye lift for bullies

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:welcome: Swayze is gorgeous! Love his coloring! I'm sorry I have no experience with the eye issue. But wanted to let you know I'm glad you found us!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Welcome!! Swayze is handsome!! I think it is normal for some droopiness also, better that they droop than roll in, that is where problems come in to play. When my Vegas's enviromental allergies are not bothering him, his droop some.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and Swayze is a handsome boy. I saw in the pic his left eye was dropping more than his right. I do not have experiences with this because none of mine do this. I would say the next time you take him to the vet for a check up ask your vet what he thinks. Hopefully you have a good bully vet, as all vets do not understand the bully breed and may not know all their little problems.

OP
JRuhland21

JRuhland21

Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Swayze
Wow! thanks everyone for the fast response. I wasnt sure if this was something that could turn into a problem and maybe better off getting it resolved sooner rather than later. I do have a follow up VET appointment on Saturday. I'm planning on talking with them about it a little more in detail. His bottom lid seems to "droop" a bit not really rolled in. Thanks again guys this seems like a really cool place for Swayze and myself. I will be posting some pictures of my big guy of my profile soon :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi and welcome to the site and the world of bulldogs. A little droop (kind of like a little 'v') on the bottom lid is normal, but def get the vet to check it out

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I just have to say.....

I :heart: the name Swayze. Welcome to the forum!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN!
I blew up the pic you posted and it doesn't look abnormal to me... but Im not a vet. Dry and red eyes can be a concern but there are drops for that works well for our Princess. ;) There are OTC drops for mild conditions and prescription ones for the dogs that need something stronger. Let us know what the vet thinks about it please.... Oh, and just so you know, we LOVE pix here... hint hint.. LOL Glad you joined. :)

L

Lucy-licious

OMG!! Swayze is adorable, I love him :heart: and what a cool name.
let us know what the vet thinks when you have seen him on Saturday.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wowee! That picture just knocked me off my feet. Took my breath away too. Swayze is one handsome dude. My Wilson had entropian surgery a couple of years ago but he had an ulcer that was aggravated by his lashes. (Eye lashes rolled in) He also had a cherry eye surgery so he does have a tendency for dry eyes and he gets drops and special ointments. Allergies aggravate him as well so as you can see I have to keep up his eye maintenance which I'm totally use to it now. Your vet may want to do an eye test which involves a strip with dye on it to see if there are any abnormalities on the surface of the eye. If all is well there he may just prescribe moisturizing eye drops. Let us know what your vet says. Thanks for sharing Swayze with us.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hello and welcome to ebn. glad you found us. i have no experience with eye issues but just wanted to say hey and look forward to more pics. he is beautiful and i love the name.

OP
JRuhland21

JRuhland21

Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Swayze
Thanks all! This is a really cool place to be, I can already see that now. Thank everyone for the intrest and love for my dog Swayze and all bully's! I am going in to the Vet tomorrow and I shall update everyone on not just the "eye" thing but his all around general health and what the Vet has to say. I did upload some pictures to my profile and made an album for everyone to see. But here are a few more pictures and I shall be back tomorrow with the update :D

IMG_1215.jpgIMG_1210.jpgIMG_1218.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.