Memories

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
there is a new member on the site that remined me to look up Bella's Photos as a pup. She was born with a conditional disease that does not allow her pancreas to form the enzymes to digest food. She lived off her puppy fat until 6 months and a correct diagnosis, almost at one point lossing her life and Us being asked what we "wanted to do" Of course I cried and said "you have to save her" a month later, the diagnosis of EPI and then a month after that double her weight and a puppy again.

Here she is at 5 months at just under 7lbs, this was the weekend after the vet didn't think she would make it. I was up every 3-4 hrs a night cking her heart rate and she was kept on heart meds to keep it pumping until we knew more.
IMG_2423.jpg

Here she is a month after a diagnosis and twice her weight. YEAH, became a sassy puppy at this point.
IMG_2516.jpg

Here she is to date...still sassy
DSCF0361.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Tears... happy, tears. what a great life you have given her

lilcrate

Nov 28, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Wow, you really turned her around. She is really filled out. Congratulations, she looks great and you are giving me inspiration. Was it difficult dialing her diet in?

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
what a great story...bella is lucky to have you! and you, her, of course :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my what a wonderful story. made me kinda teary. i love it when things work out.

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow, you really turned her around. She is really filled out. Congratulations, she looks great and you are giving me inspiration. Was it difficult dialing her diet in?

I had a real easy time getting her on track. I reviewed EPI's food recommendations to EBN's food ratings and a lot were one in the same. Once you get the enzyme ratio (you can download a chart to monitor) right, it is easy from there. She does have set backs at times.....sneaking treats or people food....but we know how to treat it and get her back on track.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is one lucky bully to have you. She has turned out to be a beauty.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm so glad you posted this. Being a newer member..I knew about Bella's troubles..but this is so wonderful. I knew you were special..now I REALLY understand.

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks guys. At the time I just did what I do as a Mom, take care of her young. LOL. It was such low time and became such a blurr. I didn't even get out half the details. Like sleeping with her butted to my chest to keep her warm, but the whole time she was incontenent and I would wake through out the night with poo and roll up a towel to a clean spot then go back to sleep to do it again about an hour later. Some nights I had to get up and change....sounds gross, but I had to do it, she needed me. To this day, she goes to sleep butted up to my chest, lucky me. PHEW!

We had to carry her around wrapped in a baby blanket to keep us clean, the poo literally just came out of her, no control at all. She was just so weak.

Okay I am going to stop.....It is making me sad. I would do it all over again if I had to.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Aww I'm in tears too but so happy she made it and is better now...She's precious and I bet she loves her momma so much cause deep down she knows how much TLC you gave her.
Bully Parents #1!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online