Scratched eye?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
So Miila went in for her recheck from her surgeries. Her eye had been a bit droopy since yesterday which was odd. Anyhow I guess she tore her eye. Dr put a dye in there and I could see it plain as day. SO back to a cone and more eye drops. And back to the vet we go again next week. My gosh they are killing me. lol Any suggestions or thoughts?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Awwww,,, pooooor baby. The eye is the fasted healing organ we have so it shouldn't take long for a scratch to heal itself as long as there is the ointment to keep it lubed.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Good to hear that anyhow. My gosh this little girl is just trying to keep me on my toes! Whats next? lol She hates drops in her eyes so this is torture for her for sure.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh no, not fun for either of you! My only suggestion is really try to make sure she keep that cone on and that she is isn't being too active. Which I know, is easier said then done with a pup! I don't have any experience with any eye issues so I can just suggest what I think I would do in the situation. Was the check up positive otherwise?

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes everything else was good. Thankfully, all surgeries are looking good she said and now Miila can have a bath thank gawd, aside from getting her face wet. I had the big ol plastic cone on her but she couldnt eat or drink water with it so I had to take it off. Went back to the soft cone which gives her a little too much ability to do stuff. Why doesnt someone invent a bully cone?!?! I mean I know there are enough bullies out there to sell them? A good solid cone that is wide and not so long. Oh and maybe a cute fabric jacket so the plastic isnt so cold and hard and ugly. Anyone?! lol

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Miila isnt much of a pill taker unless it is in a hotdog. The boys would LOVE for her to take a pill everyday so they could share the treat. lol

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Gracie's cranberry pill is about the same size as her kibble so it blends right into her breakfast. Her fish oil pill is large but she will take that like a treat so I guess she doesn't mind taking pills. We use a half slice of cheese if we need to give her an antibiotic tho, but I'll bet she would just take that too if we tried.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
What about one of those blow up "cones"? (more like a donut, really)

So sorry to hear Miila is having troubles! Here's the good news though: for the rest of us, you have all this experience and wisdom you can share! There IS a benefit! hahahahahahaha

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie's cranberry pill is about the same size as her kibble so it blends right into her breakfast. Her fish oil pill is large but she will take that like a treat so I guess she doesn't mind taking pills. We use a half slice of cheese if we need to give her an antibiotic tho, but I'll bet she would just take that too if we tried.
Miila is smart she knows the cheese bit and peanut butter too. She can separate that pill outta there. lol BUT hotdogs do wrk well if need be. I am not giving them all hotdogs everyday tho. haha Maybe she wont notice it if it is just in her food tho. Will try.
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] I was going to get one but the vet said not to. Gives too much access to the eye area. Now for a spaying or something it may work well but wouldnt keep her away from that eye. I have the soft cone which doesnt do much cuz she has figured out how to work with it. SO I got the big ol plastic one they put on her at the vets and cut about 2 inches off the bottom (dont know why I didnt think to do this before) and put it outside her soft cone. This way she cant do anything but thinks she has the reg soft cone on so she walks around like normal.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.