Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tail pocket cleaning

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lamb Chop
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Tail pocket cleaning

Did the brown stuff on the sheet smell like rotten fish and garbage? She might have expressed her anal glands! Sometimes when the stool is not a normal form the gland doesnt naturally express when she eliminated. Insted it will fill up so much that they will just express whenever. Definatly keep that tail pocket clean and dry.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sumo
    Likes (Received)

The brown stuff definitely smells terrible. I can smell it coming from her tail though. If i got to the vet will they give me antibiotics? is this something that i can help get rid of on my own by keeping it clean and getting some destidin for her? It looks pink and swollen underneath her tail. Thanks for getting back to me everyone.

First bully, first tail issue... not fun!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I would give it a good clean and try the desitin overnight, and see what it looks like in the morning. If it is still looking swollen, and sore/raw looking then it may have turned into an infection that just cleaning won't help. It may mean a visit to the vets this time, but at least you now know all the preventative measures that you have to take with these tail pockets!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sumo
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for all the tips!!! Im in Canada and i think the equivalent is Penaten. Ive put it on. It's pretty thick. should i just try and rub it in as much as i can? its stuck in all her bum hair haha.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Macy Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Tail pocket? This is new to me. I've only been cleaning her bumhole

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

If your dog has a curled up tail, its like a fold and all the folds on your puppy need to be kept very clean and dry, run your finger all around the tail, if your finger gets into a fold or crease, that's called the tail pocket. Check the roll or nose rope closely too. this is all part of the high maintenance that a bulldog requires. a clean dry bulldog is a happy bulldog.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    Macy Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Ahhhh! Pocket sounds worse then it actually is. I was starting to worry...lol. Thanks for clearing that up. Her wrinkles and creases and pockets and ropes (hahaha) are clean and dry. On a serious note, i use cornstarch in her nose rope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads