JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
This very thing happened to my old guy last year on Christmas Eve. He was choking and then keeled over. Mike gave him heimlich and he spit up his food. It happened so fast.

On another note, my co-worker and friend lost her dog of 6 years a few months ago due to choking to death. She was in the kitchen and gave him part of a hamburger slider patty, she heard him chock but didn't think much of it as he'd done that before. Her dog went outside and about 1/2 hour later they found him dead under their deck. He choked to death. :( She still feels the guilt of not paying close attention as she was distracted with her three small boys and cooking dinner.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Based on the width of a bullies mouth man CPR would be hard to do to them.

Excellent video. Everyone should watch it!!!

I believe she says to close the mouth and blow into the nostrils. So you dont need to worry about the extra large mouth size lol!

beanie807

Dec 4, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boomer
We just went through a HUGE scare with Heff.
Heff is a very fast eater (we have tried everything to slow him down to no avail). Tonight he started choking and it got to the point his eyes became very watery and he started to fall over and lose his balance. He was finally able to cough it out.
My question is is there some sort of bulldog heimlich maneuver? Or what can a person do when your bully is choking?
This happened to Boomer on me a few time last night was the worst! He toppled over I thought he was deadā€¦ I definitely put my hand in and tried to get whatever was stuck out and he came back to thank god! Itā€™s so scary the food I buy is very small he just doesnā€™t chew when he eats so I was reading through to see how others reacted as well!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
This happened to Boomer on me a few time last night was the worst! He toppled over I thought he was deadā€¦ I definitely put my hand in and tried to get whatever was stuck out and he came back to thank god! Itā€™s so scary the food I buy is very small he just doesnā€™t chew when he eats so I was reading through to see how others reacted as well!
I would have him evaluated for elongated palate by an experienced bulldog vet. In the meantime, you can water down his kibble w/warm water, or use one of those slow feeders (some people just add a tennis ball to slow them down).

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.