reddish pink stains in wrinkles

guru161

Nov 17, 2011
Hello All!

I recently received my new pup, Boodah, several days ago. He is almost 8 weeks old and since I received him he has reddish/pink skin inside the wrinkle creases below his eyes. It looks as if it is stained. Furthermore, skin/wrinkles under his jaw ar a slight pinkish tint. As well as the skin around his mouth. It isnt extreme at all, just a tint. Mind you Boodah is an all white pup with patch on left eye. Is this normal? IF not, how can I help my little man ?? Is it serious?! Sorry, he is my first bully and although I am extremely prepared I am a worry wart!

Thank you all!!

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs.

Since Boodah is all white, then yes, the light pink is not a big deal and is quite normal. However, you do want to keep the wrinkles clean, be sure to wipe them throughout the day to keep them dry (unscented babywipes) and also use a clean towel to dry the chin after drinking water.

Pink wrinkles as he gets older will be a sign of possible allergies which is also VERY common with bullies.

Good luck -- ask away with all the questions you have and be sure to post some pictures (you will here about it if not)

OP
G

guru161

Nov 17, 2011
Thank you very much! I have been cleaning the wrinkles with the unsceneted wipes actually! It has only been a few days! Thank you! Hopefully it is not anything serious in the long run! I posted a couple of pictures in my album, however i am unsure how to post them to the actua message.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you very much! I have been cleaning the wrinkles with the unsceneted wipes actually! It has only been a few days! Thank you! Hopefully it is not anything serious in the long run! I posted a couple of pictures in my album, however i am unsure how to post them to the actua message.

There are tutorials on the forum page that will show you step by step to post pictures.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
also keep the tail area clean as they can not do this themselves. It's normal for the folds to be moist but this does not mean its a good thing. Very important to keep everything dry and clean. Share some pictures of that smooshy face :yes:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site, and you have some good advise above so I won't add to it. Your little Boodah is such a sweetheart, talk about cuteness overload. Looking forward to seeing more pics of him. Jump in on any post or ask any question you may have, we are all here to help each other.

OP
G

guru161

Nov 17, 2011
Some pics of Boodah David

Attachments

• photo22.JPG
    photo22.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 143
  • boodah.JPG
    boodah.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 129
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 119
  • boodah2.JPG
    boodah2.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 132

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome!! We also just published an article called welcoming home your new bulldog puppy. You can access it from the home page, it has everything to try to help you in the first few months. I hope you enjoy it!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.