Tear Stains?

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hello everyone! Is there anything that can remove tear stains? Winston has two little ones under his eyes that he has had since we got him! I think it was from the food they where feeding him. Is there anything that I can use to help lighten or remove them??? Thanks for your help!! :)

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
I like to use hydrogen peroxide. it bubbles so the dogs don't like it close to the eye, and be careful to not get it in the eye
but I soak a paper towel and squeeze out a bit on the top of the stain, and rub. it works well.
but I think you will find that the food he is eating will also cause this, the darker meats, lamb, beef,they can contribute to the stain, try chicken,fish, try Fromm food, I haven't heard anyone say that food is causing any stains, and it may be that your dog is just not agreeing with what you are feeding. but it is probably the protein is a bit wrong for your dogs system that's all. good luck, many people who have white faced dogs , just live with it. good luck, and happy Thanksgiving.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
thanks everyone! we are in the process of switching him over to NVI chicken. The stains were there when we got him and they were feeding him Earthborn. I will try to remove them if not I will live with them being there, he is still cute regardless! :yes:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
If you do a search here on "tear stains" you'll stop reading the resulting threads sometime in 2014. hahahahahaha I'm doing battle with the same foe!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i think all bulldogs get tear stains at some point,some worse than others,i wash annies face twice weekly as ive found too much washing makes her face sore the rest of the time i blot them with kitchen towel and apply sudocrem to stop any infection,karen

Most Reactions