Help please!!!

dyale

Feb 19, 2011
Midland, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Izzy
Last Friday our 15month old Eb died suddendly. She was fine all day. She was outside with our other two EB it was nice outside so they didn't want to come in so I let them play for a while. Our back yard is safe for them. When I went out to check on them she was bleeding from the mouth, I ran over to see if she had a cut then she started throwing up blood. I called my husband to come home so we could take her to the vet. We got to the vet about 30minutes from when I found her. She was kind of out of it but was still awake and looking around. The vet took her to the back to start running tests and blood work. 20 minutes later they came out and said she died from her lungs collapsing from all the blood. We told the vet to continue running tests to see what happened, her tests and blood work came out normal. The only thing that we think could have happened was she ate something that could have cut her internally when she swallowed it. We checked the back yard over and over and couldn't find anything that she could've ate. We are left with no answers to what happened. Does anyone know or have an idea of what might of happened or what might of been wrong with her? We have two other EB and we are concerned for them as well

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my god! I am so sad by this. That is awful not knowing, I have never neard of this happening to have any input. :*( So scary.

Sent from my Android for Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation Board using Tapatalk

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I am heartbroken for you. Did you request an autopsy? The bleeding could have been from many things..I would not focus on the bleeding being caused by a cut. Is there any way she could've gotten into something poisonous? I'm afraid the only way you would know for certain..would be to have an autopsy. Once again..I'm very sorry..and I wouldn't let my other dogs out unattended until you find out what happened. :hug:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
If you want answers...have them do an autopsy. They should be able to find out more. I'm so sorry something like this happened. Very sad. Please keep us updated on what, if anything...you find out.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am shocked and my heart hurts for your family. I have no idea what could have caused such a thing, I do hope you can get a necropsy done so you can have at least some closure.

I will be praying for you. Hugs :heart:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Oh my...how terrible for you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss of one of your babies. I can't even fathom anything like this happening. Wish I knew how to make a broken heart feel better. I agree with the others about getting an autopsy. I would want to know if something was thrown into the yard that she could of eaten. Unfortunately I don't have nice neighbors so I have to survey my yard every day. Hugs from me and my pack.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my how awful. i havent heard of this either but i am so sorry for you. i would get an autopsy for sure. let us know what happens.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
This is so terrible. I hope you find answers soon, it is a horrible thing to not know what is going on in a case like this.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh this is horrible, I hope you find some answers soon so that you can find some sort of closure, please keep us updated.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Terrible news. .Im very sorry.

Would eating a frog cause this. ? I kNow there are some that are poisonous...

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
please --if it not to late --do a necropsy it is the only way to find out what did the damage.--do not let the other dogs out there until you do. take them on a doubler -leash out front.
I am so sorry --RIP baby .

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
So sorry to hear about this. I would ask to do a necropsy as well to find some closure also to see if there's anything in your yard that you should be wary of.

Goodbye sweet baby. :*(

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I am so sorry for your loss, I just can't imagine the pain you must be going through. I would do a necropsy on her to see what happened. Someone could have thrown something in you back yard that she ate. I would definitely want to know, so it would not happen again. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted. Rest in peace sweet girl.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Oh my!! That is so sad. :cry: I agree with everyone else. I am so sorry for you loss!! :hug:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.