Penny sick in the middle of the night last night

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
We woke up at 2:30 to frantic yelps from the crate. Usually she just does a low grumble to let us know she needs out. I don't know the last time she woke us up in the middle of the night. She had diarrhea in her crate. It was a mess. I let her out and she bolted downstairs. I ran down and took her out where she had a second bout of it. We cleaned her crate & went back to bed. I didn't feed her this morning, and she wouldn't drink anything. I got home around 4 & offered her more water which she didn't drink. I do think she is hungry. I took her out through the garage & she scarfed up a few stay pieces of kibble next to her bag. She did eat an ice cube. Otherwise, she seems fine. That I know of, she did not get into anything/eat anything out of the ordinary. I'm wondering what I should feed her this evening. I know she has to be hungry. Bland diet? Small portion of food? I haven't had to do the bland diet yet? If I should do that tonight, what should I give her? Thanks. Poor Baby. Edited to add: Sorry formatting is one huge paragraph. I'm not sure why

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I think I would try a normal feeding. If she has a reaction to that then you would try other things. Sometimes tHey just get upset tummies. Watch her and if she appears normal and eating normal..it could just be a "puppysode"! If any hesitancy to eat..or diaherria ..vomiting..take her to the vet.

OP
MissPennyLue

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Ok. I can actually still hear her belly rumbling. She just rang her bell to go out....so, we'll see! This hasn't happened before.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
My brother-in-law (vet) told me when dogs get diarrhea to give them ground beef and rice. When I had one of my dogs having multiple episodes of vomitting...don't give them water or food for a day..then sparingly the second day. Hope she feels better soon!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I think you want to be very careful she dent get dehydrated. If she dent keep her dinner down..or has more diahheria ..take her to the vet.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
when our boys get sick either throwing up or out the other end i play it by ear. you can do the bland diet...or you can give a small amount of food to see how that settles. water is important and if they are turning their nose to that pedialite or i have even used ice pops. also chewable pepto...although that one is tricky they tend to chew then spit em out...that's fun. i tried liquid once and jameson took it and snorted out his nose. gross. they are like babies sometimes they just get upset tummies

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor Miss Penny, hope she is getting better soon. We will feed them their regular kibble if they only have diarrhea for a day, if it last longer we will put them on a bland diet until it clears up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2594]MissPennyLue[/MENTION] how is Penny doing??

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online