Swollen Nipple on Wally and other issue. Thanks!

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
Hi all,
We noticed that Wally has a very swollen nipple. It's on the right side of his wiener. If it's not his actual nipple than it's right next to it. It is red and irritated looking. I'm away this week but my wife told me about it so I don't have any pictures. Does anyone know what this might be? It seems to have cropped up quite suddenly. My wife says she thinks it may have gotten smaller over the past couple days but isn't positive.

Also, unrelated, we noticed the other day that when we touched a certain part of his lower back, his back legs would go weak. It doesn't seem to happening now though. I think he had a skin irritation or scrape that has since cleared up. We also noticed a couple of times that his back legs are weak when he gets up a flight of stairs. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi! Sorry it's taken so long to get any help. But I think the site might be getting better! Let's hope so! I don't have real experience with the weakness in the legs issue..but I would go to the vet with that one. The irritaion near or is his nipple..I would try some peroxide and an antibiotic ointment. If it doesn't look better..in a few days..I'd also have it checked out. I hope Sweet Wally is ok..I bet it's even more worrisome being away. Please let us know..I'm sure you'll get more suggestions once it's easier to access the forum. Hang in there!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
As for the nipple I have no idea but would do what @Jakeisgreat suggested. Sarah has a red bubble on her nipple that it seems I'm going to have to take her to the vet. As for the legs I'd see the vet. Get them checked out. Let us know what happens

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Welcome! Without an image its hard to tell what it could be....but since you're surely going to take him in for that leg weakness thing - xray maybe? - the vet could look at that bump too. Could be anything including - dare I say it? - an allergy (cue ominous music) like most of us are dealing with. Welcome to the EB community! Enjoy Wally - he'll grow so fast......

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks has fused disc in her lower back and we notice her legs get 'weak' when climbing stairs... have the vet check her spine.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2087]pdac1975[/MENTION] - How's the baby doing? Did you get Wally checked out? Update?

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
the back issue is very important!! because, his mobility is paramount to keeping his spine in good shape. NEVER let him jump on or off of anything. or over do outside playing hard.(frankly I always put bulldogs on glucosmine/chondrotine/MSM for at least preventative measures -given the weak hips,knees,) and it boosts the joints) always ramp everything and insist they use it !! I would also give him crate rest most of teh day for a couple weeks just to give it time to heal, after I take him to the vet for a hands on feel of the spine!!

and while you are at the vet get him to biopsy the nipple, males are also susceptible to cancer as females too. the biopsy is cheap. and quick to get results. and try to make sure you have a recommend Bulldog VET !! a referral from teh local bulldog rescue will point you in the right direction. let us know the outcome.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.