Thread: help!

Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: help!

Thanks so much! I will look into those products. We did start putting aquaphor on them and they seem to be healing up well! Winston is not doing so good. He was still limping on saturday pretty badly so we brought him to the vet and she determined he had done something to his toe because it was swollen and he cried when she touched it. So she put him on an anti inflammatory called Metacam. Anyone have any experience with this? He was ok with his first dose but after his second one last night he got really sick to his stomach and now has really loose stool. I called the vets office this morning and they said to feed him boiled chicken and rice for the rest of the day and when the doctor got in they were going to talk to her about if we should stop the meds. It is helping his limping but I can tell his tummy is really upset . I feel so bad for him and I want to make him better! If anyone has had any experience with this medication I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks so much!

Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Update, the vet called back and said she would like me to continue the metacam to heal his foot. She is prescribing a medication to help his tummy though to take with it and hopefully that with a bland diet will get his tummy back to normal. Can I feed him boiled chicken and rice? or will the rice bother his tummy? Sorry for all the questions, I just don't know what to do here. My poor baby

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member Lindathedogsmaid's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda Parks- 360 681 5089
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pippa & Peanut
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

well --Do I ever sympathize,, I have periods of skin cracking,on all joints, during winter mostly ,and dogs can have the same type of thing ,
    the pad are softer than we think. first try to always, use Burt's Bees hand salve( in the health food section-usually) and use this on the paws/nose it is exactly like the prescribed nose stuff we recommend --only missing rosemary~ so I do the nose daily . the don't mind it to bad. like some things! but try a pair baby socks with some Velcro around the leg when out walking. they stay on better than dog boots.(cheaper too,) try to get him to crate or bed rest-- trust me cracked feet/paws are PAINFUL---a good wash of feet on returning from a walk would be a good thing until the pads are much better. one of my females used to be cracked. and I used this on her until they were softer. hugs. and kiss his little spot on his nose - I call a divet!
    If you have a question regarding dog food, or behavior! call or e-mail me anytime.
    Linda Parks
    360-681-5089
    bullysmum@gmail.com

Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Thank you so much for the advice!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren31287 View Post
    Thank you so much for the advice!

I've used Metacam.... make sure he has food in him. Chicken and rice is fine, but you if want you can use VERY lean ground beef too
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Thank you so much!! He is doing muchhh better now! It's good to know I can use beef too! : ) I am so glad hes doing better because he is going on his first road trip tonight!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren31287 View Post
    Thank you so much!! He is doing muchhh better now! It's good to know I can use beef too! : ) I am so glad hes doing better because he is going on his first road trip tonight!!
    Good to hear he is improving. Yes, beef is an option, like I said VERY lean... my girl, Banks is HIGHLY allergic to chicken so beef it is.

Good luck with the road trip... be safe
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Thank you!! The road trip went well..Winston loved the car and his tummy is much better now! hes back to his hyper puppy self!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads