2 questions

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank seems to have issues with shampoo. we've tried oatmeal bath, a couple different types for sensitive skin even baby shampoo and after a bath he is still very red and itchy for a few days. any suggestions for a good shampoo??

also weird question but for those that have unfixed males, is it normal for them to have a irritated sack? i dont know if its from rubbing while walking or what but one side is always red and bald. is there anything we can do to help with the irritation?

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Are you using people shampoo? I know dog hair has a different ph balance. I would try a sensitive skin, fragrance and dye free canine shampoo. Make sure you rinse thoroughly.
All of my Bullies have been neutered so no help there!

Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stig's very sensitive with shampoo as well. We get his from the vets, an aloe and oatmeal kind. We tried another brand one day and it made him itch like crazy, so we went to the vets the day of and bought the one that you can only get there.

He also had an irritated sack once, I think it was during the summertime. Went back to normal after a couple of days and never happened again. I'm guessing he irritated it from playing outside during one of his daycare sessions.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Lambert Kay Fresh n Clean is what my breeder listed when I got Nigel and we haven't had any problems. I notice the sack rash too on Nigel but the vet has never mentioned anything at his visits so I just thought it was normal.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I know how you can fix it. Neuter him. :-) hahahahaha Unless you're planning on breeding, he doesn't need that equipment anyway, right?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I also get Vegas's shampoo from our vet. It is an antifungal/yeast shampoo, it cost 12 dollars for a big bottle. The shampoo does not really lather, you just cover them in it, massage it is real good to their skin, let it sit for 10 min. then rinse. The shampoo smells good, leaves him very soft and use to cut his shedding down alot. This fall though he is shedding like crazy!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.