Banks update - colitis

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good, I am glad the pancreas is doing well, The easy part of EPI is the diagnosis, the hard part is finding the right food/enzyme balance. I am trying to help out an EPI mom in central Florida, problems with SIBO and her vet won't prescribe Tylan, thinks it is over kill....urgh

What a shame --- it was the first thing Dr. Rossi said to me when he began to suspect this was the issue. 'if it comes back positive... she will be going on Tylan" he then told us all about it. Of course, i had to come home and read about it cause I have that deer in a headlight look when he tlaks medical terms.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Glad you clarified. We give HRH beef Frittata because she still had some issues on surf and turf and we figured it might be the chicken. The beef Frittata doesn't list any chicken.

sorry for the false alarm.

so -- the beef has not chicken listed at all? Banks is HIGH for chicken allergy and I do not want to give her even a drop of it.. If that is the case, I may have a winner.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
No chicken at all [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] :up:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy they figured out what was going on so know you can get her on the road to better health, and the pic of her is great.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Banks is such a beauty. I love her expression in that photo. Well, i'm so glad to hear that your vet has been able to diagnose Banks and now has a specific treatment plan for her. I wonder if he may have something with that SD recommendation...i know it's not at the top of the list food-ranking-wise, but might be worth a shot? I know a few people who have their dogs on SD and their dogs are doing well on it. Every dog responds so differently to different foods...i hope you find the right fit for Banks! :hug:

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Banks is such a beauty. I love her expression in that photo. Well, i'm so glad to hear that your vet has been able to diagnose Banks and now has a specific treatment plan for her. I wonder if he may have something with that SD recommendation...i know it's not at the top of the list food-ranking-wise, but might be worth a shot? I know a few people who have their dogs on SD and their dogs are doing well on it. Every dog responds so differently to different foods...i hope you find the right fit for Banks! :hug:

If I found the one he was talking about -- venison (digestive help) it has chicken by products in it --- :barf:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
first off im glad that banks has a diagnosis for sure. im glad there is a treatment plan in place to. now about the food dogswell nutrisca salmon has no chicken in it and uses peas as their protein source. go natural salmon has no chicken in it just salmon and oatmeal i have sarah on that now. their duck formula has no chicken as well but maybe to close to use that one. nutri source has 3 that have no chicken i can see. its called pure vita salmon, turkey, or bison. they use peas and sweet potato but no plain potato. that is not nutro but nutri source. there is of course the fromm. the nvi limited ingredients lamb or turkey i see no chicken or potatoes in either. just throwing in my 2 cents with the food thing. i so hope banks gets better. :hug:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
What about that new food that uses Chickpea as a protein? Nutrisca or something? I love hummus so I was going to try that one if this food we're on right now doesn't pan out....*snork*

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
first off im glad that banks has a diagnosis for sure. im glad there is a treatment plan in place to. now about the food dogswell nutrisca salmon has no chicken in it and uses peas as their protein source. go natural salmon has no chicken in it just salmon and oatmeal i have sarah on that now. their duck formula has no chicken as well but maybe to close to use that one. nutri source has 3 that have no chicken i can see. its called pure vita salmon, turkey, or bison. they use peas and sweet potato but no plain potato. that is not nutro but nutri source. there is of course the fromm. the nvi limited ingredients lamb or turkey i see no chicken or potatoes in either. just throwing in my 2 cents with the food thing. i so hope banks gets better. :hug:

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] == Queen of dog food ingredients!! you rock.. thanks so much

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.