Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh my... Salad!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    BooBoo
    Likes (Received)

Default Oh my... Salad!!

Hi.
    So today i let my dad babysit booboo for few hours.. And i came home finding boo got my sister's dog pee on him, found out he ate a bowl of fruit salad with plenty of mayonaise. And he got stung by somethin on his cheek! Its red and big.. But doesnt seems to itch.. I wonder what should i do??
    Should i skip his dinner tonight? Is fruit salad with mayonaise okay for him??
    And Should i give an ointment to his cheek or just see his behaviour tonight?

Opinions please!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbytapatalk1321178077-668847-jpg  

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Oh my... Salad!!

How long has it been since this all happened? It would depend on what you put in your fruit salad. Im sure your idea of fruit salad is a lot different than mine. Probably not much in it in enough quantity that would actually harm Boo but probably not good for Boo either. And how much did he eat? I know grapes are usually in fruit salad and they are a no no for bullies. Make sure Boo drinks lots of water. The sting you could put something like Calamine lotion on it but watch it carefully as you don't know what it was that stung Boo. Poor baby had a 'fun' day

Bulldog(s) Names
    BooBoo
    Likes (Received)

Since my dad bought the salad and i've never ate it before bcause i dont like it, i dont really know whats in it. What can i do now? His tummy is big.. He seems like he has been eating too much.. Should i just skip his dinner?

Boo's acting normal.. My grandma says to watch him tonight in case he have a fever.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

It's very early morning here so more people will be online in a couple of hours that hopefully have some experience with this. How long has it been since he ate the salad?

Bulldog(s) Names
    BooBoo
    Likes (Received)

I just check and there are no grapes on it.. Luckly. Is mayonaise okay?

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Lari just got up and said there is nothing to worry about the fruit salad..... Boo may get the but other than that he will be fine.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Sorry don't have any experience with mayo. Dogs will just about eat anything whether it's food or not. Someone in the forum must know. Just hang on and keep checking for responses. On another forum someone told me their Newfoundland ate a whole plate of brownies and he didn't get sick at all. Chocolate is suppose to be toxic to dogs but her dog must of had one of those cast iron stomachs! Don't think dogs peeing on another dog is unusual. My Louie is always trying to pee on top of BabyGirls pee and sometimes doesn't even wait for her to get out of the way. Yucky! Good thing she is white or I might not have notice the yellow "signature" across her back. Now I let her go outside first to give her a head start. Haha Can't tell if the bite on cheek is a bug sting. Sometimes when my dogs roughhouse they bite on each others faces causing an irritation or bump if they break skin. I would think a serious bug bite would cause BIG swelling and breathing problems. But again I don't have experience with bug stings either. Sorry I can't be of much help there. Like I said, keep checking back...someone mucho smarter than me will give you some advice.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Bulldog(s) Names
    BooBoo
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for all the responses so far. Feels much better already. Im keeping watch at his cheek.. He doesnt seems to have breathing problems.. Im just afraid that it may be bee stings.. I heard that it could be fatal and requires immediate trip to the vet.. And my vet are closed today..

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Mayo is nothing more than eggs and veggie oil blended together.... home made mayo is yummy!!

For the sting you can make up a paste of baking soda and water and smear on there. That will help draw out the poison. An antihistamine will help too. One benedryl for each 25 pounds, twice a day.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

If Booboo were allergic to the sting, he'd have already been acting sick by now. Bo got stung by a bee this summer and thankfully, he wasn't allergic. It looked worse than it was - I didn't even bother giving benedryl. He did not scratch it and it didn't appear to hurt him either.

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

lol,if my dog can dig up and eat a manky old pork rib after 2 weeks without any ill effects then im sure your bully will be fine,just have plenty of cleaning stuff ready in case if the pooooooooops lol,karen

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    Mayo is nothing more than eggs and veggie oil blended together.... home made mayo is yummy!!

For the sting you can make up a paste of baking soda and water and smear on there. That will help draw out the poison. An antihistamine will help too. One benedryl for each 25 pounds, twice a day.
    Totally agree... what he ate, since ther are no grapes -- you are in for some runny poo's. And, the baking soda water will help
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads