Oh my... Salad!!

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
Hi.
So today i let my dad babysit booboo for few hours.. And i came home finding boo got my sister's dog pee on him, found out he ate a bowl of fruit salad with plenty of mayonaise. And he got stung by somethin on his cheek! Its red and big.. But doesnt seems to itch.. I wonder what should i do??
Should i skip his dinner tonight? Is fruit salad with mayonaise okay for him??
And Should i give an ointment to his cheek or just see his behaviour tonight?

Opinions please!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321178077.668847.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321178077.668847.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 119

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
How long has it been since this all happened? It would depend on what you put in your fruit salad. Im sure your idea of fruit salad is a lot different than mine. Probably not much in it in enough quantity that would actually harm Boo but probably not good for Boo either. And how much did he eat? I know grapes are usually in fruit salad and they are a no no for bullies. Make sure Boo drinks lots of water. The sting you could put something like Calamine lotion on it but watch it carefully as you don't know what it was that stung Boo. Poor baby had a 'fun' day ;)

OP
loonatic8

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
Since my dad bought the salad and i've never ate it before bcause i dont like it, i dont really know whats in it. What can i do now? His tummy is big.. He seems like he has been eating too much.. Should i just skip his dinner?

Boo's acting normal.. My grandma says to watch him tonight in case he have a fever.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
It's very early morning here so more people will be online in a couple of hours that hopefully have some experience with this. How long has it been since he ate the salad?

OP
loonatic8

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
I just check and there are no grapes on it.. Luckly. Is mayonaise okay?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Lari just got up and said there is nothing to worry about the fruit salad..... Boo may get the :poo::poo: but other than that he will be fine.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Sorry don't have any experience with mayo. Dogs will just about eat anything whether it's food or not. Someone in the forum must know. Just hang on and keep checking for responses. On another forum someone told me their Newfoundland ate a whole plate of brownies and he didn't get sick at all. Chocolate is suppose to be toxic to dogs but her dog must of had one of those cast iron stomachs! Don't think dogs peeing on another dog is unusual. My Louie is always trying to pee on top of BabyGirls pee and sometimes doesn't even wait for her to get out of the way. Yucky! Good thing she is white or I might not have notice the yellow "signature" across her back. Now I let her go outside first to give her a head start. Haha Can't tell if the bite on cheek is a bug sting. Sometimes when my dogs roughhouse they bite on each others faces causing an irritation or bump if they break skin. I would think a serious bug bite would cause BIG swelling and breathing problems. But again I don't have experience with bug stings either. Sorry I can't be of much help there. Like I said, keep checking back...someone mucho smarter than me will give you some advice.

OP
loonatic8

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
Thanks for all the responses so far. Feels much better already. Im keeping watch at his cheek.. He doesnt seems to have breathing problems.. Im just afraid that it may be bee stings.. I heard that it could be fatal and requires immediate trip to the vet.. And my vet are closed today..

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayo is nothing more than eggs and veggie oil blended together.... home made mayo is yummy!!

For the sting you can make up a paste of baking soda and water and smear on there. That will help draw out the poison. An antihistamine will help too. One benedryl for each 25 pounds, twice a day.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
If Booboo were allergic to the sting, he'd have already been acting sick by now. Bo got stung by a bee this summer and thankfully, he wasn't allergic. It looked worse than it was - I didn't even bother giving benedryl. He did not scratch it and it didn't appear to hurt him either.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
lol,if my dog can dig up and eat a manky old pork rib after 2 weeks without any ill effects then im sure your bully will be fine,just have plenty of cleaning stuff ready in case if the pooooooooops lol,karen

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Mayo is nothing more than eggs and veggie oil blended together.... home made mayo is yummy!!

For the sting you can make up a paste of baking soda and water and smear on there. That will help draw out the poison. An antihistamine will help too. One benedryl for each 25 pounds, twice a day.

Totally agree... what he ate, since ther are no grapes -- you are in for some runny poo's. And, the baking soda water will help

OP
loonatic8

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
Thats really pleasing to hear. Thanks!! U r all been very helpfull!

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
fruit salad will be fine...he may be bloated because fruit has tons of water in it...my boys love fruit. are you sure that is a bug bite and not a puppy zit? i can't really tell from the pic but the boys get zits like that a lot. either way put either the baking soda paste or some cortisone on it...it will go away. allergic reactions to bees will be immediate. and my boys pee on top of each other all the time...one will sniff and the other will lift his leg and before i know it i'm yanking a leash to get the head outta the way....fun times

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Someone needs to be given a list of do's and don't when bullysitting. I can understand the pee and the sting....puppies are puppies. But how did Boo get the salad?

Orion was outside chasing bugs earlier this fall. I thought it was too cold for bees to be out, but she found one and tried to put it in her mouth. She got bit or stung...started foaming at the mouth, but did not swell. In fact, she didn't seem to have any reaction to it at all, other than the foaming. Which is a good thing in my house because Orion is nicknamed Sissybug for a reason. So far this year she's had field ants (that have bit her and were hanging from her lip), tree frogs, worms, moths, bees, and a potato bug in her mouth. Oh yeah. And a grasshopper. She loves to put them in her mouth...but I haven't seen her eat anything. A bug or frog in the yard can keep O entertained for awhile.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.