Bea & Bo's Booster Shot Visit

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I took them both in for booster vaccinations and was KEENLY interested in how much they weigh now - officially speaking.
I brought Bea in first. Bo had to wait in the kennel in the truck. Bea loves Dr. Terry (Beatty) so there was much "greeting" going on while I proudly proclaimed that she's doing well on the new "strict diet" (for allergies) and I am certain she's losing some weight to boot. He looks at me funny. I say, "What?" He says, "She's doing good huh? She's gained four pounds since October 3rd." hahahahahahahaha Bea weighed in at 53.4 whoppin pounds! (So much for that weight loss diet eh?)

Next, it was Bo's turn. He'd been in recently too and was delighted to see his friend Dr. Terry, who made the mistake of sitting on his heels to greet Bo as we came in the front door. Bo made a mad dash for Dr. Terry, taking him down like a linebacker would. Dr. Terry goes flying backward, laughing, saying simply, "Holy crap." My big boy's weight is an incredible 72 pounds -- up from 64 lbs at the end of September!

bea9b&w.jpg <== 12 week old baby Bea growls, "I was not, am not and is not FAT!"

kayrahbear

Sep 8, 2011
Nashville,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Roscoe
I did the same thing. I took Roscoe in and bragged about his new diet and how energetic he was now, only for the vet to tell me he was up 10lbs since his visit two months ago. They're just so cute when they're chubby. ;)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
LMAO I so pictured this. Have been taken down that same way MANY times! Was dr worried bout their weights? Maybe just putting on their winter coats. ;)

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I don't trust the scale at my vets. I have to ask them to weigh twice when there's a big change and usually the scale can be off a lot! The baby picture is just too cute! I agree with Bea. She's just a lil fluffy. More to love as they say.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I see a green bean diet in two bullies future!!!

Thanks for the visual of Dr. Terry on his butt.... good stuff

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Holy crap is right, he's a big boy, I bet that was too funny seeing your vet on his butt. :ROFL:

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
It's a very good thing when your dogs love going to the vet. Many a Dog Whisperer episode (of which I am addicted) has been dedicated to dogs with vet anxiety - and it's not pretty. Makes the whole process much easier for everyone involved; vet tech, vet, mom/dad, other patients in the waiting room..... If I was smart, I'd stop by there and put them on the scale every so often as practice so it wouldn't take five minutes to get them on the damn thing come appointment day. hahahaha
But I'm not that smart.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
the only time sarah has not wanted to go to the vet was last year after her heartworm treatment. for a long time afterward she was ok going in the front door but would not go to the back room. i had to pick her up n carry her. she is getting better now as her visits usually are for anal glands. that story is to funny. well it seems we have some more work to do on the food front:ROFL:

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
I weigh Gravy at home... I hop on the scales & get my weight (:*(), then pick him up & hop back on & get that weight... and the difference in the 2 is how much he weighs.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
well it seems we have some more work to do on the food front:ROFL:

I've jump-started that effort by decreasing the amount I'm feeding - as a start. They've been on the STRICT diet for a couple weeks now and both got itchy hives the other day - which I think is environmental. We were out playing in the fall leaves!

Bo and Bea - playing in the leaves.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online