Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
O gets the same as Jake. 1 cup twice daily.

OP
R

Roger

Aug 5, 2011
thanks everyone. On day 2 of bland diet, Bean is doing great. NO vomiting, normal stools. Mixing half earthblend (pureed) and half white rice. Instead of 2 bigger feedings, doing 4 smaller feedings and it is working. Prior to her getting sick, I was giving her 2 cups of earthblend kibble twice a day. I think I will cut back a bit even when she is back to normal (which may be now). Thinking about changing foods nonetheless. Does it matter if we feed dry vs. canned? (do bulldogs do better with a certain type?)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Roger..you have been feeding her tooo much! She is a smaller bully and 4 cups of kibble are too much..even for a big guy! I think if you cut back her food you will see her tummy is better. You will find that discovering the "right" food for her is a guessing game..unless you have done an allergy screening. I wouldn't do too much change at once..first try cutting her food back each feeding..then once she seems stable..if you are going to change..ok! You might try reading up on the different foods AND their ratings. We have great info in our Articles section. Once you decide on a new food..the important thing is an easy and slow transition! Glad she is better!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I had the same problems with Aubrey, except it went on for about 3 months. We tried many different things with her until we found something that worked. This is what helped Aubrey.Firsst, we put her on a bland diet: chicken, beef, rice. After a few days of having no problems, we added some veggies to her diet and also fed her some safe fruit for snacks (all of which I took from the raw food diet). She loved carrots, apples slices, and small amounts of banana as snacks. We also bought a beef flavored supplement to make sure she got protein and vitamins she needed just in case. After two weeks with no problems on this modified "bland" diet, we transitioned her to a high quality food. We chose Fromm Surf and Turf because it was grain free and highly recommended around here. We did a slow transition between foods. She has been great ever since! Also, whenever she has diarrhea we give her a 1/4th cup of oatmeal because pumpkin never worked for her. It calms her bowels quickly.We thought she was sick, but it turns out she needed a different food.

OP
R

Roger

Aug 5, 2011
Thanks to everyone. Bean (my bullie) appears to be much better. Eating well (bland diet), no vomiting, no diarrhea. Acting great. As requested, I have posted a pic of Bean on the message board. It is in the New Member/Introduction section of the message boards. Roger

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.