Anyone have a problem after vaccination?

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
Does anyone ever have a problem with ur bully after they got their vaccination?

Boo's gettin vaccinated today and i have to bring him with me out of town tonight.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I've heard of problems with the nasal version of Bortadella...some pups get pneumonia. The other vaccines..maybe a little soreness..but ive not experienced anything too bad. With deworming..yes..some diaherria .

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tho not common, Just watch for sx's of an allergic rxn. He may feel more tired and listless, so try to keep him in a quiet environment 2night if possible.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Allergic reaction has happened to many, best to have them done in the morning just in case you have to rush them back for a steroid.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Last year when we had Duke vaccinated he had a reaction and developed a lump on the back of his neck ( scared the heck out of us) we took him back and within a week it went down.. very scary.. other than that he just seems tired for a few hours after.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have never had a problem getting Vegas's shots. He get's his Bortadella shot form, not nasel.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Well, with me, my check bounced. That was a big problem ; trying to convince Chase bank that they needed to credit my direct deposit BEFORE debiting the vet's invoice. The've become such a conglomerate entity that to them we are mere grains of sand in the beach of life.....

But I digress, - Jack did not have a problem with his Rabies vaccination at 9 months...

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
no sarah has not had a problem either but she will not be getting that nasal thing next time even though she did fine with it.

KristinMarie

Jul 30, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco has an allergic reaction to his vaccine shots - so they give him steroid/antihistamine shot before they give him the vaccine shot. He doesn't need this for the nasal vaccine against kennel cough.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
[MENTION=2913]KristinMarie[/MENTION] The nasal vaccine can cause pneumonia in brachycephalic breeds like bulldogs. I'd have him get the shot and need the steroid rather than risking it...

KristinMarie

Jul 30, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Ok. Thanks for that recommendation! Would hate to have another problem when it can be avoided! :) I already spend too much worry and $ on this beautiful bully!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.