no one watching the pets at the vets

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
When I was considering the PetsHotel at PetSmart in Woodinville, WA, I believe they have someone there 24 hours a day. You can even call and talk to your dog/cat on the phone!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
As everyone saud already it depends on the clinic/hospital. I personally would not feel comfortable having Samson boarded or being held after a surgery if no one was there overnight. Luckily for me my vet is open 24/7, they have their regular office hours then late night/early morning is for emergencies and they have vets and techs there to watch the pets staying overnight and to tend to any pets that come in with emergencies. Samson had to stay there for 2 nights when he had his surgery to get that toy he swallowed removed and knowing someone was always there made me feel alot better.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Haven't y'all seen Terminator 3?

:D

I'm lost ... what's the connection between The Terminator ... and overnight stays at the vet?? I'll admit it's been a LONG time since I saw the movie!! :blink:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I'm lost ... what's the connection between The Terminator ... and overnight stays at the vet?? I'll admit it's been a LONG time since I saw the movie!! :blink:

LOL! That's how John Connor met his future wife... she's a vet. And John broke into her vet office in the middle of the night so she got paged... because... there's no overnight staff. LOL. And while she was there in the middle of the night fighting with John and finally getting him locked into a dog crate, an emergency patient came in to have her look at her cat... and the cat-lady got killed by the lady-terminator which started the whole obligatory terminator-chasing-john-connor script.

KristinMarie

Jul 30, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I know exactly how you feel. If you need to have your baby stay away from you overnight - supposedly to be "watched over" you expect someone is actually watching over him/her. My vet (whom I love for day care when someone is actually there) is set up the same way. Kenneled in crates overnight. No one is there after 5:30 pm until they open at 7:00 am.

Depending on what your baby needs to stay over for - I would ask if you could bring him home since you know you will actually be watching your baby vs. them not even being there. You also can tell if something is "wrong" or not. You should do some investigation to find a 24 hour vet. There are very few here in Seattle - but if I ever had to have surgery or have a vet tech's expertise overnight I would bring my baby there. Otherwise I have a wonderful dog sitter that I use when I'm out of town vs. kenneling at the vet. BTW - like I said - I do really like my vet for standard care. They also love Rocco so much. He is quite a rock star when he goes there :) so I know he is getting excellent care.

Good luck

KristinMarie

Jul 30, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Hi! You are in Woodinville? I'm in Bellevue. Great to meet another bully owner in the area! There is a 24/7 vet in Issaquah that I go to if there is an emergency. They also have a tech there overnight. Luckily I haven't needed to keep Rocco there overnight. I do use a wonderful dog sitter here in Bellevue that watches Rocco when I travel for business (which is a few times a month). Your bully babies are so cute! Love their names. Are those their AKC names?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Karen..since WHEN do we NEED a connection?? :ROFL:....ADHD..thinking it's running wild here! :ROFL:

So true ... sometimes I forget and start to believe that we're all normal!! :blink:

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
and just like that another good thread gets highjacked :p

Most Reactions

Members online