Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: no one watching the pets at the vets

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: no one watching the pets at the vets

Haven't y'all seen Terminator 3?

Our vet doesn't have overnight staff either unless somebody is staying over due to surgery, or something to that effect, that requires constant monitoring.

Usually, though, their overnighters are those that just need to be quarantined or given limited movement and checked up in the morning so that the drive home and back is not an option due to undue stress on the dog. In these cases, I would think it is ok for the dog not be disturbed by unnecessary movement in the room and allow him to sleep the whole night through. But, at the same time, there are just a lot of what-if scenarios that would benefit from an overnight staff. So, yeah, I don't think I'll be comfortable leaving my dog at the vet without somebody checking up on them at night.

Now you make me wonder - do overnight boarding in places like Pet Hotels and such have overnight staff?
    Last edited by anatess; 11-02-2011 at 12:46 AM.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    ... I have NEVER seen ANY Terminator movie...Arnold was our governor and that was bad enough!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    ... I have NEVER seen ANY Terminator movie...Arnold was our governor and that was bad enough!

But, he was good before he became governor. Lol. T2 is my favorite...

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

When I was considering the PetsHotel at PetSmart in Woodinville, WA, I believe they have someone there 24 hours a day. You can even call and talk to your dog/cat on the phone!

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I can't believe we actually voted him in...should've gone w/Meg Whitman, IMO. Arnold=

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

As everyone saud already it depends on the clinic/hospital. I personally would not feel comfortable having Samson boarded or being held after a surgery if no one was there overnight. Luckily for me my vet is open 24/7, they have their regular office hours then late night/early morning is for emergencies and they have vets and techs there to watch the pets staying overnight and to tend to any pets that come in with emergencies. Samson had to stay there for 2 nights when he had his surgery to get that toy he swallowed removed and knowing someone was always there made me feel alot better.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post

I'm lost ... what's the connection between The Terminator ... and overnight stays at the vet?? I'll admit it's been a LONG time since I saw the movie!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    I'm lost ... what's the connection between The Terminator ... and overnight stays at the vet?? I'll admit it's been a LONG time since I saw the movie!!
    LOL! That's how John Connor met his future wife... she's a vet. And John broke into her vet office in the middle of the night so she got paged... because... there's no overnight staff. LOL. And while she was there in the middle of the night fighting with John and finally getting him locked into a dog crate, an emergency patient came in to have her look at her cat... and the cat-lady got killed by the lady-terminator which started the whole obligatory terminator-chasing-john-connor script.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

I know exactly how you feel. If you need to have your baby stay away from you overnight - supposedly to be "watched over" you expect someone is actually watching over him/her. My vet (whom I love for day care when someone is actually there) is set up the same way. Kenneled in crates overnight. No one is there after 5:30 pm until they open at 7:00 am.

Depending on what your baby needs to stay over for - I would ask if you could bring him home since you know you will actually be watching your baby vs. them not even being there. You also can tell if something is "wrong" or not. You should do some investigation to find a 24 hour vet. There are very few here in Seattle - but if I ever had to have surgery or have a vet tech's expertise overnight I would bring my baby there. Otherwise I have a wonderful dog sitter that I use when I'm out of town vs. kenneling at the vet. BTW - like I said - I do really like my vet for standard care. They also love Rocco so much. He is quite a rock star when he goes there so I know he is getting excellent care.

Good luck
    Rocco's Mom

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

Hi! You are in Woodinville? I'm in Bellevue. Great to meet another bully owner in the area! There is a 24/7 vet in Issaquah that I go to if there is an emergency. They also have a tech there overnight. Luckily I haven't needed to keep Rocco there overnight. I do use a wonderful dog sitter here in Bellevue that watches Rocco when I travel for business (which is a few times a month). Your bully babies are so cute! Love their names. Are those their AKC names?
    Rocco's Mom

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    Karen..since WHEN do we NEED a connection?? ....ADHD..thinking it's running wild here!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Karen..since WHEN do we NEED a connection?? ....ADHD..thinking it's running wild here!
    So true ... sometimes I forget and start to believe that we're all normal!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads