My big girl still isn't walking - Help!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Wow... you guys are so awesome with all this advice for [MENTION=3513]sleet[/MENTION]. I will use it all for my new foster girl. Thanks alot!!!

OP
sleet

sleet

Oct 23, 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Dulcinea (Rosie)
Thanks to all for your encouragement and making me realize that she needs time to heal. We have grown very attached to Rosie (new name - new start) and each little milestone is celebrated. Today is the first times she has gotten out of her bed and walked to the door to be let out. She walked out to the lawn and used the bathroom and walked back in. I week ago I would have told you that was impossible. So thanks to each and everyone of you that have encouraged me to hang in here and hope that her little legs will get stronger and that she will move on her own. She only moving 20% on her own - puts it's progress and we lover her to death. We couldn't come up with a new name which we thought would be good to let her know she is no longer in that puppy mill situation. Her little pink tongue stick all of the time and we've changed her named to Rose Bud - for the little pink tounge - or Rosie for short. She is really feeling part of the family and I thank all of your who gave your encouragement, and taught me patience in rehabing this sweet girl. xoxoxoxo and hugs to you all.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=3513]sleet[/MENTION]..:bravo: to you and your family for loving Rose Bud. She is trying because of the love you are showing her! May I make a suggestion? We have a blog area on the forum and it would be wonderful to have you start a blog. Maybe start with your initial concerns and update us with her progress. Not only would WE love it..but think of how much it might help someone in your shoes in the future. I'm so happy she is improving! :hug:..

...ps..I LOVE her name!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh that is so fantastic. isn't is wonderful when your rescue bully starts improving. sarah could not squat to p when we got her. just wobbled and had to hold her hiney so she could go. now she is very strong. and to see their bodies become different and their faces take on a different look not of pain or sadness anymore but of love and happiness. its the best medicine in the world. bless you for taking this on and i love her new name. we also changed sarahs name when we got her as she didnt even know her old name so bravo to you and your family.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am late to this thread as usual but have cried thru everyones posts here. I have nothing to add as far as advice having never dealt with this myself but thank you for saving this poor baby and showing her that not all humans are evil. Your hugs and kisses feel like angels wings to her I guarantee. This girl surely will love you like no other has cuz she knows you love her. :hug:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Yay Rosie! Her determined spirit pushes forward.... what a trooper she is! I wish I could squeeze her myself right now....*sniff*

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What great progress... bless you all for taking her in and giving her the chance to a new life and learning to walk. Take pictures so we can see her progress.

I love her new name... Rose bud -- beautiful name for a beautiful girl!

Members online

No members online now.