Photos of Saturday's Hive Fest

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
For those of you who saw Saturday's thread Hives!! and commented, thank you! Here are pictures of what she looked like, swollen and bumpy, if you're interested. They were most visible on her legs. It was a very weird and scary experience. She is back to her normal sweet self now. There are still pink spots where the bumps were, but they don't seem to be bothering her at all.

64243e68.jpg

caed4aab.jpg

1632156a.jpg

e36e731b.jpg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Wow,,, that was bad! You still have no idea, huh? I guess you need to keep the Benedryl handy. Thanx for sharing the pix.... its educational for all of us.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Whoa those are huge. I'm thinking's it's a contact allergy. Maybe a bug bit her. Poor girl, glad to see she's feeling a lot better. Thanks for the update.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Wow!! Those are huge!!! She didn't look too happy!! Poor baby!!! I am glad she is feeling better!! :heart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMGOODNESS!!! I unfortunately feel your pain - and Banks knows Lola's pain. It is beyond scary when this happens, but the darn steriods will clear them up in no time. I HATE Banks being on them -- her disposition is horrible when she needs the steriods, but there is no other way to get hate darn hives under control.

again, after she if off the steriods for 30 dyas... get the full screen blood allergy test done, it give a little relief in knowing what may be the culprit.

L

Lucy-licious

Oh My those are massive, poor baby. so glad she is feeling better though. they must have itched something awful.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor girl, so happy she is feeling better.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Oh poor baby!! That happened to Ruckus after taking him out one night. I linked it to being allergic to mosquito bites. His legs and rump were covered. Gave him some benedryl and they cleared right up.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
WOW!! Those are huge!! I would have had a panic attack!! I am glad she is on the mend.

OP
korikelly

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
We don't know for sure what happened, but the vet was leaning toward spider/insect bite. She woke us at 4am with the scratching, and she was crated at the time, so it's not like she got into anything. The spiders are HORRIBLE right now, so that's my best guess. Some of the hives on her sides were as big as quarters. She was trying to crawl out of her skin. It's amazing now it's like nothing ever happened. One more day of steroids, then a couple more of benadryl. Hopefully we won't have a repeat performance! Thanks again for the support :D You're all the best.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
unfortunatly i know those well. im so glad your baby is better now. will they be any pred left after the treatment. it helps if that happens again to give pred and benadryl. no wonder they wouldnt clear up with just benadryl. gosh when sarah is like that im to upset to get pics but then she usually is not breathing well either. again im so glad she is better.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea's were huge like that. Very scary when you're a hive virgin! I just about died.

OP
korikelly

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
yep, the vet gave us several extra prednisone tablets in case it ever happens again.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online