Tail Amputation

GalesLovableBullie

Oct 13, 2011
I want to thank the few who gave some wonderful advice about Maxwells tail issue. The last infection he got was bad and didn't
respond well to anything the vet was giving us. I was blessed to find a vet, through my uncle help, who had done several bulldog tail amputations. We went for a consultaiton and loved the Dr. Doughtery He said that Max's tail was one of the tightest screw tails he had seen and suggested for Max's happiness to have it removed. My past year of worrying and stressing with the decision is no longer. Max had the surgery done @ Pondview Clinic outside Wauseon Ohio this past Tuesday and is doing awesome. I am so greatful to have the ordeal behind
us and Max can finally get the much desired relief from all the itching and pain he indured over the past year.
We have our spunky lil Bullie back:yes:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad the surgery went well and he is better. We had our Lucy Lu's tail done a few years back and that was the best thing we could have ever done for her.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas was in the same situation. Real tight inverted tail. Infection galore. No more. We had his tail amputated when he was 7 months old. Love to see before and after photos if you have them!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What great news.... a good vet and a happy bully --- now go enjoy your spunky boy

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.