Just when I think he's getting better. HELP!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
So Chunk is finally done with the antibiotics from his infected incision and the incision is almost healed. However, a few days before we were done with the antibiotics, he threw up from straining to go :poo:. So he was fine for like 5 days .. everything back to normal. Then my Gramma and Julia gave him a treat and he went in his cage, ate it and threw it back up. But again was fine. This morning he threw up twice before eating or drinking anything (just like liquidy). I was planning to schedule his ultrasound this week anyway (for the prostate ... post neuter) and am going to definitely tell the vet what's going on. But idk what to do today! I didn't feed him any food. He hasn't drank any water but is acting totally fine. Do I feed him tonight? If so, should I feed him the bland diet??? HEEELLPP! My poor baby.

(Add to that, I had an episode myself last night but I'm fine. Dang baby is messing with me I guess.)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Ummmm dont leave out the details, what happened to you last night? All is ok? I would def feed him tonight. Sounds like a bland diet might be the better idea tho. Hopefully it is nothing. If he is feeling and acting fine I wouldnt worry so much, my boys throw up randomly. I find grass and throw up in the back yard on occasion so it could be nothing. I hope.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hopefully he will drink some water today, and I would feed him tonight to see if he will eat. Hope he gets better soon and you too.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
As for me ... I went to see my brother's friend in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" at a local theater ... and passed out during the second scene. Ugh. Felt myself getting hot and was about to ask my brother to get some air with me ... then I woke up to people with their hands all over me. Wonderful. I used to be an EMT so I knew what info they needed, etc. I ended up with two crazy ladies who were EMTs that definitely didn't know what they were doing and irritated the crap out of me until the actual ambulance got there. (One even said I had a seizure. Ummm no.) Anyway, I went to the hospital (stretcher and all ... boy I hated that too) and everything came back fine. EKG, glucose, baby's heartbeat was strong and he was kicking on the way to the hospital too. So I follow up with my OB on Monday. I probably didn't eat enough or drink enough water ... felt great all day but was running around so maybe I needed more food than I realized. Who knows! Gave my poor brothers and husband a heart attack. Generally I'm the one who keeps everything together in emergencies soooo this was a bit scary for them!!

As for the Chunk ... I think bland diet is best idea too. It just seems like so much in the last couple of weeks. UGH

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow... try to take it easy. For you, I'd agree too much running and not enough food. as for the Chunkster -- bland diet and watch his water intake don't need the bot dehydrating

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
He finally drank water! Brought him over to my parents house and he finally drank. Maybe he just needed a change of scenery. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad he finally drank, maybe he will eat tonight and keep it down. I'm glad you are OK as well.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
So glad that he drank ... but I would still go with the bland diet for a couple of days. It wouldn't harm and they LOVE it so he's not going to complain too much. I would also make sure you mention every detail of what has been going on to the vet when you see him for the ultrasound.

As for you ... I think you're over-doing it a little and probably getting a little stressed out about Chunk, so calm down ... take a few deep breaths .. and make sure you look after yourself. :yes:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:ohmy:... How frightening for you..and your family! I'm glad you are fine and your baby is too..but I'm glad you are going to OB! I've only passed out once..from severe back pain..it's the strangest sensation! Please rest today! And poor chunk...for sure feed him...:hug: to all of you!

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] ... you are probably right ... and I tend to forget that just because I'm not hungry doesn't mean I don't need to eat. I'm super good all week long because I'm on a schedule but the weekends are a different story. I'm definitely going to let the vet know everything tomorrow and see what she thinks. I'm starting to think the constipation is from his food ... so I may ask her about the hypoallergenic diet she mentioned too. Guess we shall see.

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] Funny thing is ... I knew what happened completely. I've only passed out one other time, but I felt it coming on and knew my symptoms after the fact (or lack thereof) were not seizure ... just passed out. So I wasn't worried. Especially when little man was kicking me. My brothers and husband however, different story. Thought they were going to pass out right along with me! LOL

Thanks everyone for your help and concern. I took it easy today and just did a little laundry (which really requires just about no energy in my book) and then answered the door for trick-or-treaters for a little while. Chunk LOVED that! He loves the kids so much. (We do things backwards in my town ... trick-or-treat today, parade tomorrow. So silly)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online