Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus constantly has a runny nose and nasal congestion. I've been giving him Benedryl with no success. He was given a steroid injection and put on steroid pills for his allergies, but the runny nose and nasal congestion persists. Does anyone have any suggestions or has ever had this problem ?

Thanks.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
It just sound seasonal allergies to me. I am battleing them with Vegas and myself right now. He got a steroid shot last Friday and is has helped but I still have to give him Benadryl as needed. His nose and eyes both get runny and he is constantly clearing his throat.

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
These were the symptoms that Sumo had and it turned out to be Kennel Cough and Pneumonia! Maybe he should get an xray to look at his lungs? better safe than sorry if you have insurancE!!

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus just finished 10-days of Antibiotics for his Ear infection/respiratory and sinus infection. I just hate giving him Benedryl daily. Even with the Benedryl his nose still run. His nose is always congested, the vet says his nasal openings are small.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Maximus just finished 10-days of Antibiotics for his Ear infection/respiratory and sinus infection. I just hate giving him Benedryl daily. Even with the Benedryl his nose still run. His nose is always congested, the vet says his nasal openings are small.

May need to have those widened.... we had Nitschke's done when he was 2 and it cleared the issue up

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.