Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 24 of 24

Thread: Watery Eyes/wet folds-Allergies?

  1. #13
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,169
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11503

    Default Re: Watery Eyes/wet folds-Allergies?

    OK.... where are the pictures!!???

    Welcome to the wonderful world of bulldogs and EBN!!!

    sounds like environmental to me.... try 25mg Benedryl twice a day to see if it helps. also, you could ask your vet about a full blood screen allergy test - this will tell you exactly what the issue is. You'd be surprised what they can be allergic to - my boy, Nitschke was allergic to RICE and my girl, Banks is allergic to CHICKEN.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  2. #14
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Watery Eyes/wet folds-Allergies?

    I say NO to bully sticks! .. No self respecting Bully wants to chew on THAT! Try a deer antler!

  3. #15
    Dog Park Attendant Piamitch's Avatar
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    462
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    I say NO to bully sticks! .. No self respecting Bully wants to chew on THAT! Try a deer antler!
    I second that.

  4. #16
    BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Location
    Fontana, CA
    Posts
    3,649
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Watery Eyes/wet folds-Allergies?

    Got my dog blood allergy tested and found out he was allergic to Lamb, Pork, Potato, Sweet Potato, Venison, Wheat and Oats. They gave me a printout of the results and a "very thorough" list of dog foods dry and canned that they recommend. Wish I had done this sooner. I've switched to Natures Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Turkey. Too soon to report results but as you can see, every dog is different. I don't give any more treats to my dogs as they can have a lot of "junk" ingredients that can cause problems. No raw hides or bully sticks. Only deer antlers. You can actually get elk and moose antlers too but I haven't tried those yet. As far as wrinkles are concerned I just use a drop or two of mild dog shampoo in a bowl of warm water. Whisk it up and use a small washcloth or better yet cotton balls. Then I thoroughly rinse and dry and then with a Qtip I carefully rub a little vaseline along the path of the wrinkle. If the wrinkle is already red, raw and irritated then I use Neosporin instead. Although if you keep it up it should never get to that point. Well that works for my dogs. BabyGirl says:

    Wilson & BabyGirl

  5. #17
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jack Daniels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Location
    Miami Florida
    Posts
    1,045
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)
    13

    Default Re: Watery Eyes/wet folds-Allergies?

    ¿Cuanto costo el examen...?
    How much was the exam?
    That was the Spanish lesson for the day

  6. #18
    "Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Location
    Mukilteo, Washington State
    Posts
    5,794
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: Watery Eyes/wet folds-Allergies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Piamitch View Post
    I second that.
    I third that. Choking hazzard.

  7. #19
    "Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Location
    Mukilteo, Washington State
    Posts
    5,794
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: Watery Eyes/wet folds-Allergies?

    @JackDaniels - Tu eres un loco muchacho.

  8. #20
    Bulldog Walker Meggs19's Avatar
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    290
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Watery Eyes/wet folds-Allergies?

    His nose rope is never wet...just the wrinkles along the side of his nose and under his eyes. If they are red or irritated is that how you know they have a yeast infection?

    So that's a "no" to the bully sticks because they are gross? haha Or is it for a health reason?

    Can you not see the picture in my avatar of Tonka? It shows up on my screen. I also have a profile picture and an album with a few pics of him.

  9. #21
    Dog Park Attendant Piamitch's Avatar
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    462
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meggs19 View Post
    His nose rope is never wet...just the wrinkles along the side of his nose and under his eyes. If they are red or irritated is that how you know they have a yeast infection?

    So that's a "no" to the bully sticks because they are gross? haha Or is it for a health reason?

    Can you not see the picture in my avatar of Tonka? It shows up on my screen. I also have a profile picture and an album with a few pics of him.
    I personally think the bully sticks or pizzle sticks are gross lol!,they stink really bad when the get wet and soggy, and Ruckus almost choked on a softened chuck that he inhaled, and it made him sick too.

  10. #22
    Bulldog Walker Meggs19's Avatar
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    290
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Watery Eyes/wet folds-Allergies?

    I switched Tonka to deer antlers and he loves them! I'm confused at how I can tell if he has a yeast infection or not in his wrinkles. It's hard to even tell if it looks red or inflamed because of his tear stains which are a rusty reddish color to begin with. I can't tell if it's the rusty color or if it's red in there...especially on the side of his face that is white and the skin underneath is naturally a little pinkish. As far as smell...when it's really damp in there it can have a bit of a musty smell but nothing extreme or very noticeable. I think it's just the moisture in there.

    My main question is...how do I know if it's an infection? I hate to switch Tonka's food because he seems to be displaying no other symptoms besides the watery eyes...no bumps and solid poops. So then maybe it's environmental? He does have an occasional wet/drip outside his nose and will sneeze now and then.

    Thanks for the help!

  11. #23
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,169
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11503

    Default Re: Watery Eyes/wet folds-Allergies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meggs19 View Post
    I switched Tonka to deer antlers and he loves them! I'm confused at how I can tell if he has a yeast infection or not in his wrinkles. It's hard to even tell if it looks red or inflamed because of his tear stains which are a rusty reddish color to begin with. I can't tell if it's the rusty color or if it's red in there...especially on the side of his face that is white and the skin underneath is naturally a little pinkish. As far as smell...when it's really damp in there it can have a bit of a musty smell but nothing extreme or very noticeable. I think it's just the moisture in there.

    My main question is...how do I know if it's an infection? I hate to switch Tonka's food because he seems to be displaying no other symptoms besides the watery eyes...no bumps and solid poops. So then maybe it's environmental? He does have an occasional wet/drip outside his nose and will sneeze now and then.

    Thanks for the help!
    Yeast infection will have a strong sour odor and be red/raw looking. Clean his folds with witch hazel on a cotton pad twice a week and the other days with a nonscented babywipe or warm towel but be sure to dry after using either of those. Witch Hazel is a natural astringent so it will dry on its own.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  12. #24
    "Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Location
    Mukilteo, Washington State
    Posts
    5,794
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: Watery Eyes/wet folds-Allergies?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    I say NO to bully sticks! .. No self respecting Bully wants to chew on THAT! Try a deer antler!
    I third it.

    More importantly even: they are a choking hazard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •