Sticky Eyes

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Linus usually has mucus in his eyes when he gets up in the morning that I wipe with a warm cloth and it's gone for the day. Lately, I've noticed he's been more lethargic with an excess of mucus coming from both eyes - as in I have to wipe them out every time he takes a nap. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it allergies or perhaps an infection? We have a vet appointment Monday but I might have to try to push it up if I suspect it's more than allergies.

Thanks!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I have to clean Sam's eyes/face everyday, same thing with a warm wet washcloth. I do notice his eyes run more at certain times and I just assume its allergies. I would worry if the "eye boogers" look different/strange, his eye itself looks different/strange or it just plain doesn't seem right.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
when tidus got that ulcer he was bugery bad but he was also squinting....

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
For my Vegas when I took him to the vet last time I did mention that he does have "gooey" eyes in the morning, but once I wipe them he is good for the day, my vet said allergies, he literally puts his nose right in the ground and sniffs/snorts the ground when I take him out, I myself suffer from allergies and my own eyes are runny in the mornings when I get up, so I feel for him. I use a cold washcloth on him and just wipe, then I use unscented baby wipes/with Aloe, twice a day to do his wrinkles in his face. I think if it was an infection it would stink (like his ear did when I took him to the vet) I would just wipe and ask the vet on Monday. Good Luck!!

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Thanks everyone!

I think it's allergies since it's just the boogers - no squinting or obvious eye pain. Still, Linus has a physical coming up anyway so I just bumped it up to tomorrow to make sure he's fit as a fiddle since he seems a little lethargic and a bit "intolerant" of his baby bro too.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Hi Jillh10. I noticed you are in the "east valley", what vet do you use? Just wondering if we use the same one, I see LOTS of Bulldogs in his office whenever I'm there. And, I sent you a message on the private message thing.

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I go to Banfield The Pet Hospital now since I elected to get their Wellness Plan, which offers a lot of good features, discounts, preventative care, and free office visits. I really like them a lot, which I was surprised about since they are a chain vet, part of Petsmart. But I get appointments almost whenever I want, they have always treated my pets very professionally and well, they have a good pharmacy, and I just really feel comfortable there. I used to go to Caring Hearts but they had a revolving door for vets and I had a number of poor experiences. I also tried the Alma School Animal Hospital as it was recommended on Bulldog Word website but I was not very impressed with the expertise on bulldogs, bedside manner, or facilities.

Where do you go?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.