OMG!! Bugging out over here!! ;(

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Ruckus has been doing so well!! He looks great, happy, sift shiny coat, so playful, then... Last night he had an accident in the kitchen. While cleaning it I'm trying to figure what the heck he ate that's in his poo. OMG worms!??!! Tiny little whitish ( not to be gross) but moving. :( Now I'm freaking out. Calling the vet in the morning since today's Sunday of course. But why?, and how did this happen?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
relax, you can buy wormer over the counter at any pet store, be sure to read the label for instructions, Google canine worms to see what kind they are and you can do this all by yourself. be sure to read instructions on when to worm the second time. usually 5 to 10 days. Relax, you got this.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Ok calm down its tapeworms and my bostons have gotten them before. It's an easy fix to deworm them. Mine didn't respond to the over the counter meds at petsmart so the vet game me some stuff n poof gone. Mine got them from eating a dead bird carcass. The Heartworm meds have one kind that covers tapeworms also that my Boston's take n no more tapeworms

OP
Piamitch

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I've been on google. By the description I'm thinking tapeworm. And, that's the only worm not listed on his heartguard med. that he gets faithfully. I wonder if his immune system is weak from being on 2 antibiotics and the vet cleaning out his system for the constipation.

OP
Piamitch

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
So instead of starting something over the counter today, should I call vet in the morn so they can give the stronger dose from the start?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Well the vet meds will for sure take care of it n ask about the Heartworm pill that covers tapeworms

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Sure you can call your vet in the morning, he will be fine. It's very common. It's easy to fix. you caught it in time. Relax sweetie.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
If u just gave him his heart guard that may be y u r seeing them...that happened to me once after giving it jameson as a puppy...don't think I didn't bag that **** up and plop it on the vets desk...i was pissed because he had been there the week before and took a sample and they said it was clean...then when I brought them a bag of poop with worms they looked at his file and said oh he had worms last week...well no ****....I dewormed him and switched vets....worms r no big deal. Just wash ur hands and his bedding

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They can get them from anywhere, no big deal, as others have said just get some med. to deworm him and he will be fine.

OP
Piamitch

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
If u just gave him his heart guard that may be y u r seeing them...that happened to me once after giving it jameson as a puppy...don't think I didn't bag that **** up and plop it on the vets desk...i was pissed because he had been there the week before and took a sample and they said it was clean...then when I brought them a bag of poop with worms they looked at his file and said oh he had worms last week...well no ****....I dewormed him and switched vets....worms r no big deal. Just wash ur hands and his bedding

That's like us too. He just had his heartguard on the 15th. Right before that he was at the vet for 5 days because he was severely constipated. They cleaned him out completely and I'm thinking they would've noticed worms with all the work they did on him. Surely this is bothering me more than him lol!!

OP
Piamitch

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Thank you everyone!!! I always know where to turn for some reassurance!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Nothing to add, havent dealt with this yet but with my luck it will be next. haha

That's exactly what I was thinking.....
Do you think it's maybe an awareness issue? [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] - ...see because now we know to LOOK for worms in poo? It might not have occurred to me before hearing it here.....LOL These people are a terrible influence.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thank you everyone!!! I always know where to turn for some reassurance!!

Isn't this site great. I would have freaked just like you did if it was HRH... I'm actually very surprised that it is so easy to fix. We give HRH Yogurt daily to keep her immune system strong... especially after antibiotics.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
That's exactly what I was thinking.....
Do you think it's maybe an awareness issue? [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] - ...see because now we know to LOOK for worms in poo? It might not have occurred to me before hearing it here.....LOL These people are a terrible influence.

Yes a terrible influence! haha

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.