Is this hives, hot spot or what?!?!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh boy...those look yucky. Glad they don't bother her! As far as the tail, I would just stick my hand down there and see if your finger can go in under her tail. Ok, so I am a hands on kind of person. lol. Sticking your finger in a dog's booty area is not number one on most people's lists haha!

sleet

Oct 23, 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Dulcinea (Rosie)
Staff needs to be treated with antibiotics, especially if it's MERSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) is a type (strain) of staph bacteria that does not respond to some antibiotics that are commonly used to treat staph infections. This staff can and does go back and forth between dogs and people. Staph skin infections cause a red, swollen, and painful area on the skin. There may be drainage of pus or other fluids from the site. Symptoms are more likely to occur where the skin has been cut or rubbed, or in areas where there is more body hair. If it gets more swollen and red I'd have it cultured and get antibiotics. Good luck.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh boy...those look yucky. Glad they don't bother her! As far as the tail, I would just stick my hand down there and see if your finger can go in under her tail. Ok, so I am a hands on kind of person. lol. Sticking your finger in a dog's booty area is not number one on most people's lists haha!

I may wait until she wakes up to go and search for this pocket. lmao I am pretty sure there isnt one BUT I will do my darndest to check and make sure. Funny how a bully tail is so diff strength wise than Mugsys. I mean Mugsys I can lift move etc and Miilas not so much. I know it moves cuz she lifts it high up sometimes but dont go and try yourself. Funny.
Earlier this morning I looked and the sores that were big are healing up nicely. Still has the red little bumps like waiting in the background so we will see how this continues to heal etc.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.