Is this hives, hot spot or what?!?!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Those look like the hives Stig used to get. They look innocent at first, but then look like sores after a while. The vet gave him some antibiotics to prevent infection. Taking benadryl is good advice. Stig's used to come and go so hopefully Miila's will to. Are they bumpy or flat?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
sore012.jpg

sore007.jpg

[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], it does look alot like what Vegas had and I was freaking out it was staph, I watched the spots closely and put cortizone cream on them, with in 3 days they dried up and just went away, they never bothered him at all, no itching and I could touch them and we would not even flinch. I never did know what it was, but glad they went away. That was a couple months ago and they have never came back thank god! How are they looking today??

Last edited:
OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] I would say they are mostly flat. Where her leg is red like a rash I could see it raised just slightly but mostly it is flat and she has no reaction to it either [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]. I can touch and she could care less, well actually she does care since it is her belly and leg area, she just waits for more scratches. haha It might be itching her. She has done the boot scoot every once in a while since we got her. Had her anals expressed thinking that was the reason and didnt help. Her poo looks ok so I am not worried about worms, assuming I would see them if they were there. Her scoot doesnt look like a bootie drag as much as she is trying to get at something so this is why I think it must itchy and this is the cause maybe? No idea how it looks now cuz all the 4 leggers are still in bed with daddy. I dont rate very high this morning I guess. Her sore on her neck was looking much better yesterday tho. Still big but had cleaned with peroxide and then yesterday I put aquaphor on it since it is so thick and easy to gob up on there. That seemed to make it look much better and light pink like it was healing up. Will have to look at her carefully when she wakes and I will report back. Hadnt done the cortizone cream yet since I just saw that this morning. I will load her up and report back tho. Hopefully it goes away as randomly as it came on, very odd. Thanks for all your guys input!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Doesn't look like MRSA. Norms was crusty and started from a bite wound. How does it look today?

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Doesn't look like MRSA. Norms was crusty and started from a bite wound. How does it look today?
I am thankful to hear it isnt the same. Well it looks the same but not worse so thats good maybe? Just started this morning with the hydracortizone cream so hoping that helps a lot by tomorrow maybe.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] so glad its not worse. keep us posted on it:hug:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] I hope it's getting better! With the booty scooting, she could need her tail pocket cleaned. Sam started booty scooting when he was like 7 months. Got his anal gland expressed thinking it would help but it didn't. So back to the vet and thats when they told me he needed to have his tail pocket cleaned regularly. All I do is use this waterless shampoo (specifically for animals) sprayed on a paper towel, wipe under the tail followed with mal-a-ket wipes. I know you use mal-a-ket wipes already and you could use baby wipes instead of the waterless shampoo. As long as I do that once or twice a week there is no booty scooting :)

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
hmmm she doesnt have a pocket since she has a tail, or so i think. Now that I try to look she is hiding it from me. Her tail is strong so I cant force a peek. haha

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
hmmm she doesnt have a pocket since she has a tail, or so i think. Now that I try to look she is hiding it from me. Her tail is strong so I cant force a peek. haha

Her tail is so cute, never seen a bully with a tail like that! I think she could still have a tail pocket but I don't honestly know for sure LOL

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
As far as I can tell there is no pocket to speak of. Just looks like a reg dog tail. Weird huh? First I have seen of it too and I love it cuz she can wiggle her bootie like no other than add in that tail and you cannot resist the wiggle.
The spots are looking better maybe? Like they have dried out I suppose but she does still have many wanna be red bumpy looking things that I am keeping creamed as well. She is so spoiled she lays down for me to put the cream on and she eats up the belly rubdown she gets. :lol:

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
even a bulldog with a tail can get sore,annie has a tail and when i bathed her i did not pay much attention to under her tail ,within 2 days she became infected,stinking and sore,so now i clean under her tail once weekly,i know bulldogs with tails need less cleaning at that end but its best to be safe than sorry,as there is hardly any tail pocket but usually there is a very shallow one,karen

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Interesting [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] I will investigate when she decides to wake up from her beauty sleep in bed. lol

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION]....... It's a darn good thing she isn't spoiled, huh? :laugh:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.