Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this hives, hot spot or what?!?!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Is this hives, hot spot or what?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    hmmm she doesnt have a pocket since she has a tail, or so i think. Now that I try to look she is hiding it from me. Her tail is strong so I cant force a peek. haha
    Her tail is so cute, never seen a bully with a tail like that! I think she could still have a tail pocket but I don't honestly know for sure LOL

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

As far as I can tell there is no pocket to speak of. Just looks like a reg dog tail. Weird huh? First I have seen of it too and I love it cuz she can wiggle her bootie like no other than add in that tail and you cannot resist the wiggle.
    The spots are looking better maybe? Like they have dried out I suppose but she does still have many wanna be red bumpy looking things that I am keeping creamed as well. She is so spoiled she lays down for me to put the cream on and she eats up the belly rubdown she gets.

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

even a bulldog with a tail can get sore,annie has a tail and when i bathed her i did not pay much attention to under her tail ,within 2 days she became infected,stinking and sore,so now i clean under her tail once weekly,i know bulldogs with tails need less cleaning at that end but its best to be safe than sorry,as there is hardly any tail pocket but usually there is a very shallow one,karen

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Interesting @karenben I will investigate when she decides to wake up from her beauty sleep in bed. lol

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

@cali~jenn....... It's a darn good thing she isn't spoiled, huh?

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    @cali~jenn....... It's a darn good thing she isn't spoiled, huh?
    You would know a little bit about that now wouldnt you?

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh boy...those look yucky. Glad they don't bother her! As far as the tail, I would just stick my hand down there and see if your finger can go in under her tail. Ok, so I am a hands on kind of person. lol. Sticking your finger in a dog's booty area is not number one on most people's lists haha!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dulcinea (Rosie)
    Likes (Received)

Staff needs to be treated with antibiotics, especially if it's MERSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) is a type (strain) of staph bacteria that does not respond to some antibiotics that are commonly used to treat staph infections. This staff can and does go back and forth between dogs and people. Staph skin infections cause a red, swollen, and painful area on the skin. There may be drainage of pus or other fluids from the site. Symptoms are more likely to occur where the skin has been cut or rubbed, or in areas where there is more body hair. If it gets more swollen and red I'd have it cultured and get antibiotics. Good luck.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    Oh boy...those look yucky. Glad they don't bother her! As far as the tail, I would just stick my hand down there and see if your finger can go in under her tail. Ok, so I am a hands on kind of person. lol. Sticking your finger in a dog's booty area is not number one on most people's lists haha!
    I may wait until she wakes up to go and search for this pocket. lmao I am pretty sure there isnt one BUT I will do my darndest to check and make sure. Funny how a bully tail is so diff strength wise than Mugsys. I mean Mugsys I can lift move etc and Miilas not so much. I know it moves cuz she lifts it high up sometimes but dont go and try yourself. Funny.
    Earlier this morning I looked and the sores that were big are healing up nicely. Still has the red little bumps like waiting in the background so we will see how this continues to heal etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads