Something in his stomach

stuartgerrard85

Oct 17, 2011
My mrs took fletcher to the vets today for his vaccinations and worm and micro chip. Veys said felt like something in his stomach maybe the unbilical cord or something? We got to take him bak in 2 weeks for another check. Has anyone got any ideas is this normal?

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Fletcher could have swallowed something.... Has be been eating & Pooping normally.?
Has he tried to vomit.?

Or maybe its just an inflammated gland that you are feeling...
Monitor it for the next 2 weeks and see if it grows or shrinks.
Let us know how it goes.!

Good luck,!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I have no help here whatsoever. They didnt want to do an xray to check and see? I would think I would want to know what they are talking about visually. How old is your baby? Sorry if I missed an intro thread I have missed a LOT here BUT welcome! :)We love pics too so dont be shy.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Maybe an umbilical hernia? Sometimes they don't protrude but you need to have it checked for sure. I also seem to have missed your introduction..:welcome:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I vote for the need for an xray! Didn't they want to SEE what's in there? I'd want to know!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Could be a lot of different things and that is something that probably can't be diagnosed on a forum...... my first thought was maybe a hernia but that is why we pay the vets all that money.... to find out.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Maybe an umbilical hernia? Sometimes they don't protrude but you need to have it checked for sure. I also seem to have missed your introduction..:welcome:

I agree, I have heard that sometimes they need to fix the belly button. Welcome to EBN you're gonna love it here

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm with [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] I think the vet should have figured it out. Maybe find a bully vet?

OP
S

stuartgerrard85

Oct 17, 2011
He is fine behaviour and poo and wee and has never been sick. The only thing is he trumps all nite long but from wot i gather thats just him being a bulldog! The vet seemed to think it would go in 2 weeks on its own.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
He is fine behaviour and poo and wee and has never been sick. The only thing is he trumps all nite long but from wot i gather thats just him being a bulldog! The vet seemed to think it would go in 2 weeks on its own.
Okay..I'm not sure what "trumps" is?? But you never rely on something going away on it's own! Especially when the vet doesn't know WHAT the something IS! IF it's an umbilical hernia..sometimes they DO go away..but most of the time they need to be repaired surgically. If it's small..AND stays small..it can be fixed at neutering! But if not and it ruptures it can be serious trouble for your pup. I suggest you get another opinion.

OP
S

stuartgerrard85

Oct 17, 2011
Trumps means farts! And he stinks the house out! Im defo going try another vet to find out another opinion. Just stuck as we both work and cant really have time off till wednesday.

OP
S

stuartgerrard85

Oct 17, 2011
I got 2 kids so i have to use the nicer words! Dont fancy a 3 year old shouting fart every time the dog stinks the house out! Going try get sum1 take fletch to a different vet on monday.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] Trump is a northern word for farts in England ... so I'm guessing that [MENTION=3465]stuartgerrard85[/MENTION] is very close to a couple of our other wonderful members [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] :yes:

I'm guessing your vet thinks it's an umbilical hernia. I think if it were anything serious that they would have done x-rays. Remind me again ... how old is Fletcher??? I'm thinking fairly young so the vet may be hoping that the hernia may just close up which I believe can happen but it's a slim chance. It would be up to you then to decide if the hernia was in any way life threatening. I have a shih-tzu poodle mix and she has an umbilical hernia. We got her in England and brought her over to Ohio with us when we moved. The vet we went to in England said it was not life threatening and so to not worry about it unless we wanted to breed her in which case it could cause problems.

By the way... where in England are you from???

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]... I'm learning lots of NEW words! Some pretty funny! Who knew..we don't REALLY speak English! :ROFL:....all those people who want English only laws better be careful what they ask for!! They'll be wearing wellybobs and bobhats and getting their "fannies " in trouble..:eek: :ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.