TBone's Eyes

TBone

Sep 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
T Bone
DSC_0007.jpgTBone developed, what I think, are Double Cherry Eyes. I have read your posts and watched the YouTube video (thanks again for all the information), but he won't sit still long enough to try to put them back in place. We see the vet this morning. Poor little guy.....he looks so sad and keeps trying to rub them with his paws.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Ugh. They really look more horrible than they are, but since he's scratching at his eyes I'd go ahead with the surgery. Unless you'd like to wait a little longer and try the drops, but watch him more carefully though.

OP
T

TBone

Sep 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
T Bone
I was comforted by all the past posts telling me they look worse than they are....but when I look into that little face and the happy eyes are gone it makes me feel so sorry for him. Thanks for the support...I appreciate it!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I was comforted by all the past posts telling me they look worse than they are....but when I look into that little face and the happy eyes are gone it makes me feel so sorry for him. Thanks for the support...I appreciate it!

We're family here, so we worry about each other's bullies. We share the good and the bad times. :)

OP
T

TBone

Sep 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
T Bone
Well, it is double cherry eye. For now I have the antibiotic/corticosteroid ointment for his eyes. The vet is going to get back to me with a surgical referral. She had a few in mind but wanted to call them personally about Tbone's case. We may be able to neuter him at the same time. I need to start an eye surgery savings plan, I have been forewarned it is expensive as it is not the tacking, but the removal leaving the tear ducts in tact.

On a separate note...he gained 12 pounds since his last visit on 9.7.11. He is not fat....but he feels very solid and thick.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Hi There. Very sorry to hear about your baby. Getting them done during his neuter will be a great idea - I think. Others have more experience with this but the fewer times they're under anethesia, the better, I say.  Welcome to EBN!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Aw I'm so sorry bout tbone I sure hope the drops help. Please let us know how he is doing

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Poor boy! I hope the road to recovery is short!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor boy, hope the ointment helps.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
T bone's a sweet heart :heart:.
I'm glad the vet saw him today and rx'd him some eye drops. Lots of hugs and smooches from us!

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I haven't experienced this but I have heard over and over again that it looks so much worse than it actually is!! I really hope the ointment works for him. :*(

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
personaly for me removal is the only option tacking doesnt always last,and not all get dry eye with removal,as said above they always look worse than they really are,good luck,karen

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online