potato or rice?

occfan

Oct 3, 2011
Downingtown PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella 8 months old
which is better for bullies?

any studies proven that one or the other is better? also are bulldogs allergic more to one as appose to the other?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I've heard of a lot more allergy problems with potato, however some bullies do fine with it. Others are allergic to rice. There is no one magic formula.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I've heard some have allergies to potatoes, I have given mine rice before with no problem.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nitschke was very allergic to rice.. vomit whenever he ate it. Banks seems to have issue with potatoe even though she is not allergic, she seems to get more red faced after eating it

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] - I wish there were one magic formula! ha ha That would make it easier on a lot of us.

[MENTION=3374]occfan[/MENTION] - my dogs love rice. Last night they got a dollop of mashed sweet potatoes mixed in with their supper and they were in hog heaven. (I know. Naughty to give human food)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] the only magic formula is unconditional love to keep looking for a solution until everyone is happy and healthy. Oh and sweet potato is healthy until it's loaded with extra butter, marshmallow, brown sugar and cinnamon. Then maybe not so much.

OP
occfan

occfan

Oct 3, 2011
Downingtown PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella 8 months old
ok so why does natural balance make a sweet potato for mostly every one of ther formulas if dogs are allergic?

is sweet different than reg potato?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
They are not related at all!!!! Sweet Potato is very good for bullies. Being allergic to one has nothing to do with the other.....:)

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
@Vicaroo1000 the only magic formula is unconditional love to keep looking for a solution until everyone is happy and healthy. Oh and sweet potato is healthy until it's loaded with extra butter, marshmallow, brown sugar and cinnamon. Then maybe not so much.
I dont know about giving that to my Walter i would love it myself, but on Walters side he will not eat potapto or rice, but he does love pasta, veggie pizza, any meat,but not raw

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.